I know Dennis senior, nice bloke.

No he's not.

Someone mentioned in a pub the other night that John Chidlaw would have seen Morgan and Hobson off at the OK Corral.............?

They are from different era's, but John could look after himself.

Memories have come flooding back with the message about Dennis H... despite being a 'cop' I knew Dennis very well - eating with him at Tuckwoods and then visiting his mother who was critically ill in hospital. He gets a good mention in my first book 'Boopers Tale' but I named no-one in the book so Dennis remained anonymous... just let me say he had a reputation but I always found him a pleasant guy and before anyone jumps to conclusions the last thing Dennis would do would be to 'grass' on someone!! I also knew young Dennis and had my hair cut regularly by his first wife at Darnall..Chris Benson was the jewellery dealer with arthritis.. Jack Hudon was an ex boxer and is still around..I'm sorry to hear Ray Morgan has died ( another nice guy until you crossed him!!) and another one to buy jewellery from !! Mick Crich I knew very well and once 'nicked' him for demanding money from the landlord of the Marples pub in Fitzalan Sq ( case dropped - no charges) 'J.B' is John Barrat owner of the Montgomery pub and Omega - still around - another pal of mine - don't know how Bob Green gets a mention among the Sheffield Hard men - a villain yes but not 'hard ' when talking about the likes of Hobson/Morgan/Albert Green etc Message to Hillpig --second book now out called 'Boopers Prison Tale' at Waterstones M/hall and Orchard Sq plus Amazon and Kindle...Harry Bunker 'per dum per dum' crackers!!!..

Ive read them both, and can recommend them. Did you notice that per dum per dum got a mention in the Daily Mail? I suppose working all that time in Canklow is enough to turn anyone into a conspiracy theorist!

Keep well Booper, youre ok.

Memories have come flooding back with the message about Dennis H... despite being a 'cop' I knew Dennis very well - eating with him at Tuckwoods and then visiting his mother who was critically ill in hospital. He gets a good mention in my first book 'Boopers Tale' but I named no-one in the book so Dennis remained anonymous... just let me say he had a reputation but I always found him a pleasant guy and before anyone jumps to conclusions the last thing Dennis would do would be to 'grass' on someone!! I also knew young Dennis and had my hair cut regularly by his first wife at Darnall..Chris Benson was the jewellery dealer with arthritis.. Jack Hudon was an ex boxer and is still around..I'm sorry to hear Ray Morgan has died ( another nice guy until you crossed him!!) and another one to buy jewellery from !! Mick Crich I knew very well and once 'nicked' him for demanding money from the landlord of the Marples pub in Fitzalan Sq ( case dropped - no charges) 'J.B' is John Barrat owner of the Montgomery pub and Omega - still around - another pal of mine - don't know how Bob Green gets a mention among the Sheffield Hard men - a villain yes but not 'hard ' when talking about the likes of Hobson/Morgan/Albert Green etc Message to Hillpig --second book now out called 'Boopers Prison Tale' at Waterstones M/hall and Orchard Sq plus Amazon and Kindle...Harry Bunker 'per dum per dum' crackers!!!..

Know one to be one:gag:

Ive read them both, and can recommend them. Did you notice that per dum per dum got a mention in the Daily Mail? I suppose working all that time in Canklow is enough to turn anyone into a conspiracy theorist!

Canklow? Didn't realise they had a local sheriff there, must have been under the Whitehill, Brinswoth sergeant's office. Atkinson was the sergeant very early 60's, made a lot of visits to that place as I was the sergeant's son's best mate at the time. I also had my fingerprints taken there as did the whole male population of Rotherham over 15 ,in the Crapper murder investigation, at that time.PS I didn't mean everyone went to the same station for the prints..lol

Thanks for kind words Alan Ladd - I do recall something about Harry bunker in news...sad comment from Yorky 15....any need for it....don;t think so!!!

Thanks for kind words Alan Ladd - I do recall something about Harry bunker in news...sad comment from Yorky 15....any need for it....don;t think so!!!

As long as you did not set any one up booper or take backhanders or used any Rhino whips or trip up any one down concrete steps then you are right now't wrong with the sixties cops at all.

Not too long ago( last week) on Bunker's thread you were telling us and him, what a good cop he was, and not to take notice of naysayers. Trouble is you are now deriding the guy you were just telling us all was a misunderstood person. Who's side are you really on , are you a double agent(2 faced) of data that no one really gives a toss about anyway?

Not too long ago( last week) on Bunker's thread you were telling us and him, what a good cop he was, and not to take notice of naysayers. Trouble is you are now deriding the guy you were just telling us all was a misunderstood person. Who's side are you really on , are you a double agent(2 faced) of data that no one really gives a toss about anyway?

Not deriding him at all, great thief catcher, conscientious honest as the day is long.

Also nutty as a fruit cake.

---------- Post added 29-04-2015 at 18:45 ----------

Canklow? Didn't realise they had a local sheriff there, must have been under the Whitehill, Brinswoth sergeant's office. Atkinson was the sergeant very early 60's, made a lot of visits to that place as I was the sergeant's son's best mate at the time. I also had my fingerprints taken there as did the whole male population of Rotherham over 15 ,in the Crapper murder investigation, at that time.PS I didn't mean everyone went to the same station for the prints..lol

Canklow came under the Borough. Brinsworth was West Riding. I think the border was Bawtry Road as far as BOC.

I had a few drinks with Dennis snr back in the day, he was a great guy with me; knew he could handle himself but great bloke.

Rip Mr Denis hobson

I am sorry to say Dennis Hobson snr passed away last night after a lengthy battle with Cancer.He was one of the nicest fun people who I have ever known.He loves Sheffield and was a popular person and became well known all over the city.He loved to have a laugh and never lost that all through his battle.His love for music was unbelievable he was always singing Sinatra songs and he wasn't bad at singing.He is a Legend of our City and will be talked about for years to come.He will be sadly missed but never ever forgotten.