Forum newcomers

I suppose I/we are a little hard to understand as there are two of us who posts under Stewpot one male and one female.One a little serious and the other one tries to be funny!!!!

Some of the mods have 'Cliques' and this is an abuse of power if anyone who isn't in the clique gets banned and the other doesnt ect.

I would only have mods who dont attend meets and who are fair.

Some of the mods have 'Cliques' and this is an abuse of power if anyone who isn't in the clique gets banned and the other doesnt ect. I would only have mods who dont attend meets and who are fair.

Attending meets has nothing to do with it ... I've attended meets since they first restarted in early 2005 and I met most of the orginal mods at one time or another. It's never protected me from being banished, sometimes on the flimsiest of pretexts :D

The mods generally do a good job on here, but sometimes they overstep the mark and unfortunately, there's no-one able to banish them. If you have a complaint, they close ranks and you get the usual fob-off. They can be overly officious sometimes, true. But they are only ordinary people and volunteers, there's no such thing as a professional mod, after all.

I actually prefer a mod who's also active as a member, some of the newer mods seem to have taken hardly any part in the forum at all before becoming a mod. How does that happen? :huh:

As members we have no say in who the people selected are or how they're chosen, and we can't vote to have them deselected. So they're a fact of life which we just have to live with.

That is a problem some people "gain" a little power maybe for the first time and it really gos to their heads.

I dont like the fact if your political or p.c. leanings are not theirs you get yanked of without the courtesy of a public explanation.

well i've been here for 3 years and managed not to get banned, maybe i'm too boring

well i've been here for 3 years and managed not to get banned, maybe i'm too boring

I've really only been posting since April and had 2 bans.:(

I've really only been posting since April and had 2 bans.:(

tut tut, i think i know why, fancy meeting up at hooters to talk about how to avoid it?

tut tut, i think i know why, fancy meeting up at hooters to talk about how to avoid it?

There's no way to avoid having a ban if you take any part in the 'serious' sections, imo.

Although some of the mods aren't always au fait with those sorts of discussions, they often interject to remind us that they're there and then, what one might see as a mere pleasantry in response, the mods may see as a flagrant insult to their 'authority'. The next thing you know, you're banished for 24 hours.

I think some must have their sense of humour and any idea of who they actually are removed during their training :D

Anyway, back to the main topic, if you want to be a name, post often, post well, post amusingly, post controversially, people will start to either love you or hate you ... you might even form your own 'clique' :)

It's always going to come back and haunt me isn't it?:hihi::hihi:

You're just not trying hard enough. ;)