Local driving school. cant get my money back. what to do

Hello guys,

Could you give me advice what to do in the following situation:

I have taken 54 hrs of driving lessons with Local Driving School (a lot :() . 30 minutes before my practical test instructor has called me to tell that his car is broken. I would like to get my money back for three driving lessons booked for this day and cost of practical driving test.

I wrote a complaint to the school. They called me to tell that I have to solve this problem with my instructor because he is self employed. It is strange that they are not responsible at all. They gave me his number :confused:

Instructor agreed to return money for two lessons and half of test cost. We have arranged meeting. He didnt appeared but send me a text message that I have to pay him for lessons which were cancelled not within 48 hrs. I am surprised by this fact because lessons were rebooked definitely several days before and I have paid for my lessons apriori, one payment for 10 lessons.

As result, I have lost already money with this school but I have to pay 9 pounds to my instructor in addition. Very funny situation.

What can I do in this situation ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

tell him that your going to contact cab and trading standards?

what is cab ?

thanx

Well all you do is wait until his car is fixed...Take the lessons you have paid for & grind his gear box until the car is broken again :thumbsup:

it sounds a little iffy to me good luck

Who was your contract with, meaning did the school take your money and arrange things with the instructor? If so I would say the school is liable so you can pursue the matter with them. Work out what you think is fair compensation and be prepared to argue!

Above all don't give them any more money, finish your lessons with someone else.

Check with Trading Standards who will give you far better advice than anyone on this forum.

B

id name and shame him on here first

then id go to his house not hard to find i sure

then id turn up house every day till money returened

then if no money after 14 days id send few big lads to extract the money

robbing bas????

I'd name and shame him on here too...sounds like he's pulling fast one and is nearly getting away with it. Don't let him walk all over you. Have you looked in to CAB yet?

ps Don't give him another penny

Hello guys,

Could you give me advice what to do in the following situation:

I have taken 54 hrs of driving lessons with Local Driving School (a lot :() . 30 minutes before my practical test instructor has called me to tell that his car is broken. I would like to get my money back for three driving lessons booked for this day and cost of practical driving test.

If I read this right you had 3 lessons booked and a driving test, and the instructor failed to appear for all of them, completely letting you down and only giving you 30 minutes notice?

I wrote a complaint to the school. They called me to tell that I have to solve this problem with my instructor because he is self employed. It is strange that they are not responsible at all. They gave me his number :confused:
Which school did you book it through? Worth mentioning so others on here can avoid this problem.

Instructor agreed to return money for two lessons and half of test cost.
If I've understood your initial paragraph above correctly it seems that you had 3 lessons plus a test booked and paid for with this person on the same day that he let you down with. If that's the case then I'd settle for nothing less than the full amount for 3 lessons plus the full test fee.

It's not your fault that his car broke down or that he didn't turn up with a replacement car for you to use. If you paid for his services and he failed to provide them then surely you want your money back for those services that you've not received?

We have arranged meeting. He didnt appeared but send me a text message
This to me would suggest he's showing unwilling or lack of interest in resolving the issue, I'd be considering taking this to the next level and possibly looking at services such as http://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/ and certainly visiting the CAB as others have suggested.

that I have to pay him for lessons which were cancelled not within 48 hrs. I am surprised by this fact because lessons were rebooked definitely several days before and I have paid for my lessons apriori, one payment for 10 lessons.

As result, I have lost already money with this school but I have to pay 9 pounds to my instructor in addition. Very funny situation.

What can I do in this situation ?

Thanks for your help in advance.

id name and shame him on here first

then id go to his house not hard to find i sure

then id turn up house every day till money returened

then if no money after 14 days id send few big lads to extract the money

robbing bas????

Don't do anything like this at all. You could easily find yourself being arrested. Stick to legal and sensible options.

My instructor when I was learning always rented a suitable car he was unable to use his.

Sounds like yours wears a mask and a stripey jumper, get in touch with trading standards send him and the company a written request for the refund of all missed lessons and the test and mention trading standards and any other relevant authorities.