Mega Thread: xBox 360 RROD (3 Red Lights)

Any advice on where I can get the red ring of death fixed in sheffield? Anyone had it done and how much would it cost?

send it back to microsoft for free. 3 years warrenty. thats if its not ran out

just had mine returned from microsoft, for the same problem, took two weeks to fix, return and its free, as microsoft have extened the warranty for 3 years due to this problem.

hi its a common fault it can be fixed. we took ours to complex at handsworth it cost between £35-£45 . he mends about 90% of them.

this happend to mine phoned microsoft they sent out someone to collect it about 2 weeks later got it back but when i opened the box it was a new machine because i had a tag on mine so i knew it was mine but mine was still under warranty and they gave me 3 years added on dont pay to have this fixed microsoft fault its on there website.

http://www.xbox.com

can you even still send it back even if warrenty has ran out ?? touch wood mine has'nt had this problem yet only had it since november last year theres a place on woodseats called games an movie store they had a poster in their window not so long ago saying that they could fix RROD for £15

can you even still send it back even if warrenty has ran out ??

Yes.

Microsoft have given all 360's a 3 year warranty from when it was built (it tells you on the back of the console when that was) for the Red Light problem.

When they send you the fixed or new 360, you'll have the new 65nm Falcon board inside it.

thats pretty good then think mine was built in Sept07 thats what it says on the back cheers for letting me know

Anyone know a shop that can fix the Xbox 360 red ring of death? anyone had it done, and how much did it cost?

Go hear https://service.xbox.com

My xbox 360 was 18 months old and they repaired and returned it within 10 days. They send you a label by email to pay for the shipping. Don't worry about your machine not being registered (If it isn't). Mine wasn't, I just registered it when I ordered the repair. They replaced the motherboard and the DVD drive. They game me 3 months warranty on the whole machine and I still have 18 months on the RROD. Oh yes and I got a free month of xbox live to make up for the time it was away.