Mega Thread: xBox 360 RROD (3 Red Lights)

dont know if i have posted in the right section, my partner was playing on his xbox 360 last night, when it froze and a red light appeared, what does this mean and how do you sort it out.

many thanks

was it the ring of death? 3 red lights? if so its fubard! google it and send it back to Microsoft.

no it was just one red light wasnt flashing and it was in the left top of the circle,

tried googling but when i have looked into it, it is never the one i got and theres was always flashing, wondering if it was just overheating as we had moved it from where it normally goes, but it back on this morning no red light came on, so dont know

I had 3 flashing away a few weeks ago - turned it off overnight and not seen again since!

click me and have a look to see what the error code is and why it is doing it.

hope this helps :thumbsup:

thanks stimpy,

i have put a message on the forum

you are a gem :D

Our 360 had the three red ring problem. Microsoft fixed it a couple of weeks ago and guess what ? its gone again. Just wondering how many forummers have had this problem ie once fixed will it break again.

after the 3rd repair they will replace the unit

Got the 3 RROD again, been fixed by MS before, does anyone know where I can take it to get it fixed as I have been in the case so I cant send it back to MS?? Or how hard is it to do yourself as ive heard its just replacing the thermal compound??

Cheers

Just get a refund, what's the point in having such a defunct piece of hardware? they really messed up on their inbuilt obsolescence on this one.

Just get a decent PC, its more fun than an xbox anyway.

The xbox is great wouldn't play on owt else, got a decent PC but games on the PC just aint the same so it sits there as a media box...