Heaven 17 Roof Top Concert

as ive said before on here, its a successful pr stunt........we're all talking about it, somebody whos never even heard of the band is currently checking them out.

why is the idea of watching it on a large screen so abhorrent........people actually travel abroad to watch football matches on large screens.......and dont moan about not actually being in the ground with the atmosphere.

also large gigs where you can barely see or hear the band perfectly......they use large screens too.

with the moaning on here it makes it out this "gig" is the only time a large screen has been used.

yeah, and it makes anyone reading this thread think 'well i'm not doing owt for the people of sheffield for free - they'll just moan about it'.

ok it wasnt perfect, but as a first attempt by the uni to do something like this i thought it was ok. This sort of thing never happens in sheffield. and the news have reported it positively all over the place so it was hardly a pr disaster.

Interesting that none of the moaners entered the compo. http://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=369842

SHU has an amphitheatre. amphitheatres were designed for public performances. they should use this facility to promote SHU in a good light

i believe hallam square is council property

Tony - you're going to hate us for this.....we were on the roof too - it was absolutely fantastic! The OH won a competition, that included 3 hours of pampering in Spa 1877, being on the roof to see H17, meal for 2 at Platillo's and a night at Leopold Hotel.....it wasn't a fix and I'm not trying to rub it in, but we were not worthy of these privilages, as we live in Sheffield, but the hotel was lovely! I do work for Hallam and I'm no big wig - he entered a competition and I reckon not many folk entered it.

It was fantastic, but do agree that the publicity could have been better and the screen bigger. I think they were originally going to show it on a huge projector, but because of the light, no one would be able to see it, so they put the screen up instead.

Met the band afterwards - what lovely people....we had a photo taken with them and we were all doing cataolgue poses. I did manage to video Temptation and Being Boiled, so once I've worked out how to download them, I'll put it on Youtube.

Edna - I wish I knew what you looked like, as I'd have said hello!

I don't hate you because I wish that it had been me up there too. :D It was pants from where me and a few hundred were stood tho' :(

Well I thought it was ace. Glenn's voice was wonderful and he looked to be enjoying it, from what I could see on the telly. Would love to see them live sometime. Don't really fancy the price of a ticket for the arena gig though. I prefer smaller venues.

Maybe they should get on at Peace in the Park next year! WooHoo!

I'd love to see Cabaret Voltaire and Clock DVA do a rooftop gig.

i believe hallam square is council property

if so then maybe a co-operation between the council and SHU to start staging outdoor performances in this beautiful area would be an idea for the future.

by the way, thanks to the several people at SHU who've spent hours on my blog this afternoon and trawled through dozens of pages of my articles. i do like it when such a healthy and vigorous interest is taken in my work. not sure whether surfing during work hours is strictly legit though. :banana: gosh, you must have all been emailing one another about it at once judging by my stats and the simultaneous log in times! please come back soon. :)

That close up picture of Emilie Autumn is fantastic, missy! What a brilliant photo - you have a talent :)

:D thanks Jessica! I forgot to take my proper SLR camera to the H17 thing, so these were done on a point and shoot, so I'm happy with them. :)

I've uploaded my photos from the Heaven 17 gig to Flickr. You can see them here:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/15460258@N05/

there's some fantastic shots there, missymarsbar. as has already been said, you've got talent. :thumbsup: i wish you the best of luck with your photography, superb :)

by the way, thanks to the several people at SHU who've spent hours on my blog this afternoon and trawled through dozens of pages of my articles. i do like it when such a healthy and vigorous interest is taken in my work. not sure whether surfing during work hours is strictly legit though. :banana: gosh, you must have all been emailing one another about it at once judging by my stats and the simultaneous log in times! please come back soon. :)

...and according to my stats, loads of you from SHU were, at the end of last week and again this morning, double clicking on one of my pieces of work (a shot commissioned by a mate/reader) merely in order to see it at full size - a healthy and vigorous interest in my work indeed! remember lads and lasses, you're meant to be working :hihi:

Wonder who won the steel city tour tickets? My mate has bought me one as an early Christmas present. :D