Sign in to follow this  

Making a pair of jeans

Hi!

My name is Babis and I am trying to find a way to "clone" my favorite pair of jeans.

I would appreciate any help on how to make a patron out of the old pair as well as how to make a new pair out of that.

Also if anybody knows anything about where I can get info on these subjects please give me a hint!

Thank you very much!!!

You need - some large sheets of paper, a pin and a pencil. Lay the jeans on the paper so that one complete 'pattens piece (eg frotnt leg or whatever) is FLAT on the paper. prick holes into the paper with yr pin around the edge of the fabric piece. take the jeans off the paper and join up the pin holes with pencil - voila! A pattern piece! And you didn't have to unpick the old pair...

Once you've got yr pattern yr going to need a pretty heavy duty needle for yr machine cos if its anything like mine it throws a giddy fit at denim! When you cut out yr pattern leave an extra cm or 2 'seam allowance' round the edge so you have room to do any double-stitching or whatever.

I never actually made any jeans so this is just general stuff, but hope it helps!

ebay - buy some more or contact the company. I hope I got this to you in time and you didn't make any

Please stop dredging up old threads pointlessly Fishcake. It's hardly like an 8 year old thread of this type is actually going to be any help to the OP, is it?