Legends game at Bramall Lane

The booing of Robson was disgraceful,ok he was a bad manager, but a Legend for Man Utd & England.And let's not forget it was for the China Earthquake Appeal,Mrs Dooley looked very proud to hand over the cup in Derek Dooley's name,ok most of the players weren't legend's but some quality players were on show,Des Walker is still a very good player,Chris Woods has a good tan & Mersons gut was outstanding,I thought he had hid the ball up his shirt.Where was Brian Deane? & Ray (Uncle Fester) Wilkins still knows how to pass a ball.I thought Ray Parlour was melting.

For one minute I thought I'd stepped onto the set of The Hills Have Eyes III. :gag:

You not been to Sincil Bank then?

Booing of Robson was funny. Out of hand, coz yeah he was an ace player, but still funny. Match was shameful, the Germans were way more prepared to work, and the score reflected the fact.

The booing of Robson was disgraceful,ok he was a bad manager, but a Legend for Man Utd & England.And let's not forget it was for the China Earthquake Appeal,.

well said mate:thumbsup:

Atmosphere was crap as was the match. I thought to myself if this is the sort of crowd they get week in week out then I am sooooo glad that I'm a Wednesdayite.

did'nt know united were playing mate. thought it was an england legends game. now if you went to the derby last year at the lane you would have witnessed a proper united atmos. so intense wendy fans found the need to cram radio stations, internet forums complaining how intimidated they felt. no such problems for us at the sty. pig chris turner once said after another defeat at the lane " some of our players froze. they've never played in front of an atmosphere like that before" you just could'nt make it up could you bud.

thankyou for visiting our stadium mate. sorry i cant repay the compliment i would never risk my health stepping in your dump unless united were playing.

Atmosphere was crap as was the match. I was in the Kop end surrounded by pikeys eating Chicken Balti Pies and booing Robson with their crumb coated gobs. Thing is I felt rather smug sat round the neanderthals and rat faced women that graced the Kop and Granville Road tram stop. I thought to myself if this is the sort of crowd they get week in week out then I am sooooo glad that I'm a Wednesdayite. For one minute I thought I'd stepped onto the set of The Hills Have Eyes III. :gag:

To be honest if this is the reason the Blades now have bigger attendances than the Owls I for one am glad, it's quality not quantity. Let them have all the waives and strays while the cream of Sheffield football fans follow the boys from S6 and forever be smug in the knowledge that whatever the gulf between the two teams we will always be a class above that lot. Sorry if I come across as a bit of a snob but hey sod it! I did feel snobby round that bunch, would be the same whatever division we were in. I felt the righteous air of superiority :)

Oh but look on the bright side Blades at least Bramall Lane looks a bit better, maybe you can polish a turd!

just read a post on another thread by dippy dore. how apt it is to put it next to yours.

quote dippy dore (hope you dont mind dippy)

"It's great to see the Wednesday fans hurting with envy.

When I was a kid my junior school teacher was a Wednesdayite - a typical one. He would be more than happy to preach blue and white propaganda to us about how Hillsboro' was a magnificent stadium and how Brammall lane was a dirty old dump. And how Wednesday were Sheffield's first professional team and how United were a cheap imitation that came later. And how Wednesday were in every way superior to United.

A while ago I saw a reprint of an old football cartoon from the Green "Un around the turn of the century. The caricatures of a Wednesday supporter and a United supporter told a real story. The Wednesday supporter was there in Top Hat with cigar, the United supporter was there with flat-cap and shabby clothes.

So, this smug superiority complex that Wednesdayites have has actually been going on for over a 100 years. I doubt we can ever change it. Even if they went out of the league they would still think they are "the big club" and "superior" in some way. It's just in their nature - the sad gits.

The fact is that not in one single department are Wednesday superior to United these days. Not in terms of finances, season ticket holders, average attendances, stadium, facilities, playing staff - nothing! That must really hurt the big headed so and so's.

Wednesday are the poor relations - and they know they are.

That's why the little piggies are squealing so much eh? "

After attending the match with both my young kids (who had not heard of some of the England legends), we sat on the kop,and like earlier posters i have to admit i thought the treatment of Robson was deplorable, and was annoyed at some of the 'Gob Sh***' comments made by some of the Bramall Lane faithful, every time he had the ball, which i did not want my kids to hear.

The 'Hills have Eyes' comment certainly has some truth about it.

I felt ashamed that Sheffield had the oppurtunity to host this match, and televised (and i hope they are allocated further matches), and the crowd react to a player in this way, after all Robson was playing for England, in support of this charity.

Thing is I felt rather smug sat round the neanderthals and rat faced women that graced the Kop and Granville Road tram stop. I thought to myself if this is the sort of crowd they get week in week out then I am sooooo glad that I'm a Wednesdayite. For one minute I thought I'd stepped onto the set of The Hills Have Eyes III. :gag:

cb's e mailed me. asking you to spot the brad pitt look a like from this.

http://www.thestar.co.uk/news/Wednesdayite39s-landslide-vote.4366160.jp

Sorry??

No chants means no atmosphere?:rant:

Do you class everyone talking amongst them selves as atmosphere?

Atmosphere was crap as was the match. I was in the Kop end surrounded by pikeys eating Chicken Balti Pies and booing Robson with their crumb coated gobs. Thing is I felt rather smug sat round the neanderthals and rat faced women that graced the Kop and Granville Road tram stop. I thought to myself if this is the sort of crowd they get week in week out then I am sooooo glad that I'm a Wednesdayite. For one minute I thought I'd stepped onto the set of The Hills Have Eyes III. :gag:

To be honest if this is the reason the Blades now have bigger attendances than the Owls I for one am glad, it's quality not quantity. Let them have all the waives and strays while the cream of Sheffield football fans follow the boys from S6 and forever be smug in the knowledge that whatever the gulf between the two teams we will always be a class above that lot. Sorry if I come across as a bit of a snob but hey sod it! I did feel snobby round that bunch, would be the same whatever division we were in. I felt the righteous air of superiority :)

Oh but look on the bright side Blades at least Bramall Lane looks a bit better, maybe you can polish a turd!

As it wasn't a crowd of blades only i suspect what you witnessed as a Wednesday family off the Cross treating the kids to an evening at the Lane, it happens every now and again when the kids bother the dad to spend his giro on a day out at a decent football stadium.

As it wasn't a crowd of blades only i suspect what you witnessed as a Wednesday family off the Cross treating the kids to an evening at the Lane, it happens every now and again when the kids bother the dad to spend his giro on a day out at a decent football stadium.

Funny that they must have put their shirts in with the red wash then laid them to dry on a 'visit malta' brochure which proceeded to get stuck to the front of it.

I know bb wouldn't set foot in Hillsborough but i'm not that petty. I'll visit Bramall Lane safely protected by my 'Ready Brek' style shield of smugness. :D

just read a post on another thread by dippy dore. how apt it is to put it next to yours.

quote dippy dore (hope you dont mind dippy)

"It's great to see the Wednesday fans hurting with envy.

When I was a kid my junior school teacher was a Wednesdayite - a typical one. He would be more than happy to preach blue and white propaganda to us about how Hillsboro' was a magnificent stadium and how Brammall lane was a dirty old dump. And how Wednesday were Sheffield's first professional team and how United were a cheap imitation that came later. And how Wednesday were in every way superior to United.

A while ago I saw a reprint of an old football cartoon from the Green "Un around the turn of the century. The caricatures of a Wednesday supporter and a United supporter told a real story. The Wednesday supporter was there in Top Hat with cigar, the United supporter was there with flat-cap and shabby clothes.

So, this smug superiority complex that Wednesdayites have has actually been going on for over a 100 years. I doubt we can ever change it. Even if they went out of the league they would still think they are "the big club" and "superior" in some way. It's just in their nature - the sad gits.

The fact is that not in one single department are Wednesday superior to United these days. Not in terms of finances, season ticket holders, average attendances, stadium, facilities, playing staff - nothing! That must really hurt the big headed so and so's.

Wednesday are the poor relations - and they know they are.

That's why the little piggies are squealing so much eh? "

Good quote that bb, all apart from the envy bit. As a superior Owl I don't feel envious of something I look down on.

Funny that they must have put their shirts in with the red wash then laid them to dry on a 'visit malta' brochure which proceeded to get stuck to the front of it.

I know bb wouldn't set foot in Hillsborough but i'm not that petty. I'll visit Bramall Lane safely protected by my 'Ready Brek' style shield of smugness. :D

hahaha!! A smug Wednesday fan, who'd have thought it!!