Audrey Rd...Handsworth or Richmond?

From the Richmond Road end to about number 29 or 31 [ and opposite 29 or 31 ] the houses were privately owned. The numbers started at the Richmond Road end which is a bit unusual as most street numbers in Sheffield begin nearer the city centre. The houses from about 29 or 31 to the school were part of the Woodthorpe Council estate. On the even numbered side the last few houses from opposite 29 to Chadwick Road were built quite a bit later than the all the rest.

Our family bought a house on Audrey Road in about 1936 and obviously building stopped round there in 1939. It would be interesting if someone could tell us a bit more about the beginnings of that area e.g. what year was that part of the Woodthorpe Estate built....etc....? I suppose old ' Audrey Roaders ' might remember walking ' over the fields ' from Lathkill Road to Woodhouse Road ? We left there in 1949 and, by coincidence, I did some of my driving test on Audrey Rd., Masefield and Chadwick in 1992.

It's Woodthorpe, unless you're selling a house on there - then it's Richmond.

LOL! I'm currently selling my house on Lathkill Road and I can clarify that it's most definitely in Richmond, lol!

A x

LOL! I'm currently selling my house on Lathkill Road and I can clarify that it's most definitely in Richmond, lol!

A x

Aah, you're on "New Woodthorpe" too then?! :D

Richmond is the answer

It so often is me old love, it so often is. Alas.:(

Yep the difference is probaly about £100,000-00

Amazing the difference a postcode makes. lol.

I was born on Audrey Road ....... Richmond.

At least it was then.