Castleton/Hope Round Walk Sunday 3rd August

Thanks for the information about mencap. Sounds like a fantastic organization and I really look forward to meeting some mencap members on future walks!

I shall see how the weather pans out for Sunday - only because I have acquired this amazing ability to fall over all the time and likely won't do so well if it's slippy. I REALLY hope to bet there though!

hi, i thought that i would introduce myself.

I work for mencap and its me who keeps letting the lads have your details from the forum.

Thank you for making new people so welcome.

Thanks again.

hi, i thought that i would introduce myself.

I work for mencap and its me who keeps letting the lads have your details from the forum.

Thank you for making new people so welcome.

Thanks again.

Hi Markwit

It's great to see everyone from Mencap participate on the walks, ive had the pleasure of meeting R & D on two occasions and both appeared to have thoroughly enjoyed themselves :) also a big :thumbsup: to the support staff who assist.

Sorry I'm going to miss this one as I'm probably in Norther Ireland looking for some mountains:)

If the weather if fine I may get myself lifted to Mam Nick, Climb up to Mam Tor then walk the ridge to Ward Piece on Lose Hill then down to Hope to catch either a bus or train home. I may meet you, either going to Hope or on your way from Lose Hill or Hope.

Approx time do you anticipate being on Mam Tor?

11.30-12.00 at a guess

Hello! Hope to catch up with you all:) If anyone wanting a lift from eccy rd let me know?

N&L

Hello! Hope to catch up with you all:) If anyone wanting a lift from eccy rd let me know?

N&L

Hey up Neily, be nice to see you both again. Don't forget your stick will you :suspect:

What do you guys bring and wear for these kind of long walks? Equipments, clothes, water, foods etc? Never done these stuff before... i think.

Newbie to walks, have to see if I'm able to get everything I need.... might be too late.

What do you guys bring and wear for these kind of long walks? Equipments, clothes, water, foods etc? Never done these stuff before... i think.

Newbie to walks, have to see if I'm able to get everything I need.... might be too late.

Appropriate clothes, decent boots, a bottle of water and some sandwiches. These walks are never route marches and they are never far from civilisation so we do without ropes and crampons and the like.

A little bit of common sense is all that is needed really

Hope to see you out with us soon

Hi all hope to be there , hav'nt been to castleton, can someone give me some idea where bus stn is, if i dont make it be because party too good to leave early

Hi all hope to be there , hav'nt been to castleton, can someone give me some idea where bus stn is, if i dont make it be because party too good to leave early

Hi Irene, it's not so much a bus station, more of a bus turnround, and it's situated on the right hand side of the road as youre entering Castleton on the road from Hope. There's a pub on your left, possibly the Cheshire Cheese?, and then you'll see the bus turnround almost opposite on your right, just before the severe left bend in the village.

Park your car on the 1st road you see on your left as youre entering Castleton, then walk towards the village centre and you'll see it after a few minutes.

Hope this helps. If all else fails, ring my mobile!