Best Joker in a Batman film?

Best Joker?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Best Joker?

• Heath Ledger (RIP) (The Dark Knight)
    • Jack Nicholson (1989 Batman w/ Michael Keaton)
    • Cesar Romero (1960s Batman TV series)

While I'm more scared of Jack Nicholson (probably because I first saw him as the Joker when I was about 12 and more easily frightened), I thought Ledger gave a better performance. Deeper? And I loved the pencil trick!

I saw this film yesterday. It was brilliant, and Ledger was phenomanal. Much better than Jack. And much better than any other role I've seen him play. Although I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain and I hear he's good in that. Just a shame he won't be making any more appearances!

I saw this film yesterday. It was brilliant, and Ledger was phenomanal. Much better than Jack. And much better than any other role I've seen him play. Although I haven't seen Brokeback Mountain and I hear he's good in that. Just a shame he won't be making any more appearances!

Well, he will be appearing in Gilliam's next film as he had filmed a good bulk of scenes for it. It is The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and comes out next year. In a bizarre move that only Gilliam could pull off the role Ledger was playing has been recast by three seperate actors (Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell) who are playing other aspects of Ledger's persona in the scenes that had not been completed. I'm intrigued.

Well, he will be appearing in Gilliam's next film as he had filmed a good bulk of scenes for it. It is The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus and comes out next year. In a bizarre move that only Gilliam could pull off the role Ledger was playing has been recast by three seperate actors (Johnny Depp, Jude Law, and Colin Farrell) who are playing other aspects of Ledger's persona in the scenes that had not been completed. I'm intrigued.

Yeah, I read about that. I meant to say appearances as the Joker. Although, as we both mentioned on another thread, Bane would be amazing!

Hey Beakerzoid!

Kept an eye out for you on Friday at Cineworld! :P

Went to watch Dark Knight and it was brilliant. It's the first Batman film I've seen and I loved every min of it.

For me obviously, Heath Ledger was a brilliant Joker and a great actor.

Such a waste of a life....

Hey Beakerzoid!

Kept an eye out for you on Friday at Cineworld! :P

I was running from screen-to-screen with the floor team on Friday trying to get them cleaned as quick as possible - so not sure if you spotted me.

I thought noone would be able to beat the Nicholson Joker...... How wrong could I be. Legers Joker was brilliant! I had never rated him as a good actor, but after watching The Dark Knight he has totaly proved me wrong. A posthumous Oscar must be winging it's way to him for that performance.

Heath.........absolutely brilliant! I had a debate (read fight) with my stepdad after seeing the film - he insisted that any half decent actor would have been just as good, that the part and the script is more important, and whilst I agreed to a certain extent (someone has to put words in the actor's mouths after all), I can't see many people being willing to follow Heath's performance - completely mesmerising, he owned the screen and anytime he was in a scene and the camera wasn't on him, you wanted it to be on him - ('I wanna see the joker's reaction to what batman is saying!').

I always thought he was great - Brokeback Mountain is fantastic, Nekro!

Slightly off-topic, there is a facebook group called 'I'd kill off Amy Winehouse to bring back Heath Ledger'...................but somehow I don't think it works like that!

I'd have to say Heath IS The Joker. His bumbling, phsychotic, no plan portrayal was very sinister. He was always going to be compared to Nicholson, but he's way better. Now that he's gone, who will be the next Joker? Step forward Johnny Depp. Could he do it?

heath=joker joker=heath, they must be 1 an the same person ive never seen a charactor portrayed so well he was brilliant, his role alone made the movie for me. The bit with the "vanishing pencil" true genious!