Incident on Middlewood Road

Glad your on the mend Sam Pell, and your freinds.

From your post, you say you weren't cut out of the car and he wasn't racing, but then you say you were trapped in the vehicle for half an hour until the emergency services came, and that the driver was doing 60 in a 30 zone?

yes we woz cut from the car, he was not racing anyone, just trying to show off to us 3 girls dressed up goin on a night out. when he skidded on the wet tram tracks. its was a 3 door vauxhall astra so there was no way of getting out. yea we was trapped for over half an hour. yes 60mph in a 30mph zone. the driver has told me cousin he is never going to drive agin. hopefully they will confiscate his licence for life. this is the 3rd car hes wrote off, he only passed his test in decemver 2007. thanks for your support.

Hopefully two lessons can be learned here

1) Driving like a ******** has serious consequences

2) To think before excepting a lift off of someone that drives like a ********.

Anyway glad your on the mend and that the driver gets what should be due!

i didnt know this guy he was my cousins friend. she said he was a good driver. but im never getting in a car with some1 i dont know agen. thanks for you support.

i didnt know this guy he was my cousins friend. she said he was a good driver. but im never getting in a car with some1 i dont know agen. thanks for you support.

Hope you make a full recovery soon - I am sure you will xxx:)

Well i know what most respones will be ie violence is bad blah blah blah, also he will be unlucky to get more than a slap on the wrist unfortunatley.

Personaly i hope you or someone else breaks the little gimps legs!!!

Why is it that its always the biggest fannys that think they are some kind of badman when they are behind the wheel ?

Last time i was in the car and someone started driving like this ie a nuuty speed i made them stop the car got out lamped them and walked home, who do they think they are to risk your life trying to be the big man complete tossers.

I Hope your daughter and friends are ok

Thank you IANG, They are on the mend slowly but I cant stop thinking I nearly lost 2 most important people in my life, also third girl is a very very good friend of the famliy and equally inportant to us.

Its going to be a long process but we will get there. Thankyou again to all that has sent their kind thoughts and wishes.

he woz my cousins friend how woz i to know!!! if my cousin trusts him i them im gunna trust him...

as for you saying you wouldnt have a lift off some1 you dont know or trust, so you wouldnt get in a taxi??? what would you do when there are no busses or trams nrunning??? you cant predict whats going to happen in life. you have to take risks or every1 would be nervous wrecks!!!!

We had been at middlewood about half an hour maybe less before the accident happened. It had just started raining as we left middlewood, so we are always aware that there is higher probability of an accident.

It annoys me that the tram gets blamed, local people know that the tracks are there and that if it has been raining they will be easier to skid on and therefore should take more care when driving. If it is true that they were racing then that is their fault, its just a pity innocent people who werent racing had to be injured too. Yet everytime there is an accident near the tram tracks people never aurtomatically blame the car drivers it is always the trams fault. Hope your sister and the elderly couple are ok.

i was in that car that crashed! NO was not racing so NO its not our fault. passangers cant control the wheel so y is it our fault!! the drivers fault yeah... but not us the passengers and the elderly couple. it meks me mad when people assume what happened.. like LONGLEY LAD who u replyd to... jus coz our car hit his sister PARKED car dont mean to say he knows everything... he wasnt in the car... n police are not going to tell him or his sister what happened are they... again just assumeing what happened!! us back seat passengers of which are 3 innocent girls just getting a lift to town was in a bad way and still recovering from this incident that should not have happened!!! the driver was not doing 45 he was doing 60!!! he skidded on the wet tram tracks and lost control. if he had stuck to the speed limit which is 30 we wouldnt have been in this mess. the driver is to blame 101%. so i would appreciate it if people didnt assume what happens in incidents like this as it is upsetting to read that it was our fault when it wasnt!!!!

Can posters please remember that there were members of public hurt in this accident and they or friends and family of theirs could be reading this thread. Therefore could we avoid making any insensitive comments.

Thanks. :)

Can posters please remember that there were members of public hurt in this accident and they or friends and family of theirs could be reading this thread. Therefore could we avoid making any insensitive comments.

Thanks. :)

hi thanks for your post, i am 1 of the girls that was in the car that crashed and was in a serious way. i saw post from people just presumeing that the driver was racing, when infact he wasnt!!! im not defending the driver in any was because he was in the wrong to be doing 60mph in the rain and on tram tracks!!!! i want to see justice done and want him to get done for what he done and what he has put everyone through!!! i will not be happy till it is done!!! so keep ya fingers crossed he gets a good harsh sentance when charges are finally made againts this silly boy.

thank you for your suppport :)

Racing can be defined in many ways. Could it be possible he was racing himself? You know, trying to beat his personal best from Middlewood to town maybe? What I dont understand is your stance where one minute you blame him 101% then defend him the next!

Chill out and get better!

Racing can be defined in many ways. Could it be possible he was racing himself? You know, trying to beat his personal best from Middlewood to town maybe? What I dont understand is your stance where one minute you blame him 101% then defend him the next!

Chill out and get better!

as i said im not defending him in anyway!!! but lets face it wen people say raceing they mean raceing!!! i dont know its possible he was raceing himself, but 1 thing i know for sure is that he smashed us all up in that car from his stupidity and he aint gettin jack for it, he will get his licence took from him we know that, banned for what 1, -- 2 years at the most... and for what???? attempted murder id call it!!!

chilled out and am alot better thank you!