Incident on Middlewood Road

Is this really the place to be having petty squabbles with each other?

Apart from those that witnessed the accident no one knows exactly what happened, i'm sure you all have family memebers you can go and be nasty to, if you feel so bad inside.

As for the people in hospital, I wish them a speedy recovery, the tram tracks are dangerous in the wet, no matter how defensive some people may be of them.

This is why the Police stopped Motorcycle tests being taken in Sheffield.

Gotta say I've had a wobble or two even in the dry. Its a bad combination, young lad, friday night, rain and a car full of girls to show off to - recipe for disaster!

Just hope everyone gets better real soon.

Mod: Please remember people have been injured in this incident. Its not the place for petty arguments about other cars etc.

Thanks.

Yes i agree, dont wana get into any sort of argument, just hope the people involved get better soon.

Typical blame the tram, no one was hit by a tram. It was a 3 car pile up and the occupants of one car had to be cut out of the car, the tram was nt involved,

i think you'l find that if you read that again, no where in that sentance did i blame the tram, was told that it might be a tram, which is why i came on here and asked if anyone knew anything.isnt that what this forum is all about.

This is why the Police stopped Motorcycle tests being taken in Sheffield.

When did they stop this as I recently did a CBT and the same company also do full bike tests in and around sheffield too.

When did they stop this as I recently did a CBT and the same company also do full bike tests in and around sheffield too.

You've not been able to take your bike test in Sheffield since the tram was opened IIRC.

CBT isn't your bike Test, it's one day of pottering around to show your not likely to kill yourself as soon as you get on a two wheeled vehicle.

Bikesafe use Barnsley Test Centre and Chesterfield for the full bike tests, but it will all be changing next year, as Doncaster are the only test centre ready for the new law changes.

Gotta say I've had a wobble or two even in the dry. Its a bad combination, young lad, friday night, rain and a car full of girls to show off to - recipe for disaster!

Just hope everyone gets better real soon.

Hi, One of them girls is my daughter and yes he was showing off. But wait till I get My hands on him, He nearly killed 3 girls through his stupidness. Its the third car he has wrote off since he passed his driving test in december 2007. I hope they throw the bloody book at him. Im still angry at him I nearly lost a daughter and a niece, and they nearly lost a very very close and best friend.

it was two cars racing with each other, one which crashed apparently skidded on tram tracks and hit on coming car with an elderly couple in then turned on its side and crashed into my sisters car.. driver has been took by the police, he says he was only doin 45mph, all 3 cars wrote off..

They was not racing another car. The driver was showing off to three girls going out down town and they was offered a lift. The reason I know this is one of them girls is MY daughter the other one is my niece the third girl is a very good friend of theirs. I wish people wouldnt comment when they dont know the full story. The driver has got a lot more trouble to come because I will make sure he gets done for this.

You've not been able to take your bike test in Sheffield since the tram was opened IIRC.

CBT isn't your bike Test, it's one day of pottering around to show your not likely to kill yourself as soon as you get on a two wheeled vehicle.

Bikesafe use Barnsley Test Centre and Chesterfield for the full bike tests, but it will all be changing next year, as Doncaster are the only test centre ready for the new law changes.

I know a CBT is different to the full test, but if they take you out near and on tram tracks on your CBT and lessons, surely they would do on the test as well, then they would know people are safe riding near and on them.

Hi, One of them girls is my daughter and yes he was showing off. But wait till I get My hands on him, He nearly killed 3 girls through his stupidness. Its the third car he has wrote off since he passed his driving test in december 2007. I hope they throw the bloody book at him. Im still angry at him I nearly lost a daughter and a niece, and they nearly lost a very very close and best friend.

I hope he now realises that although he passed his test, in reality he's a crap driver and should hang his keys up!

I know a CBT is different to the full test, but if they take you out near and on tram tracks on your CBT and lessons, surely they would do on the test as well, then they would know people are safe riding near and on them.

You'd think so wouldn't you, but the powers that be think it's safer to not let poeple near them when they are learning, and then it's your fault if you have an accident after you've passed.

It might also be to do with other cities not having trams to contend with, and so the test wouldn't be fair to those in cities with trams, I don't know.

They'd probably also need to make changes to the test, which wouldn't work because of the same reason.

Do they take people near the tram tracks on their CBT and lessons? they didn't us.