What advert do you hate and why?

There was a really irritating advert quite recently for Galaxy. It coincided with the release of Sex and the City and the tagline was something like "Could it be true? Is chocolate really better than sex?"

Erm... let me think....NO!!

Both patronising and utter rubbish!

Not better I agree, but when you combine the two - well :thumbsup:

I hate most ads, but now that we've got Sky + I don't have to ever wtach any of them.:thumbsup: I record everything now and fastforward through the ad breaks.
6 months with sky & you will be fast forwarding the films they show them that often:P

The new Just for Men advert with the two little girls. Sick making par excellence.

Not better I agree, but when you combine the two - well :thumbsup:

That's just greedy...

But absolutely true!!

Iceland ads - I detest Kerry Katona.:gag:

I also hate tampax and other sanitary product ads. They're SO santised (no pun intended). I know loads of women who wear white shorts when they're having a period, not to mention scores of them who go sky diving whilst wearing a sanitary towel.:loopy::loopy::rant::rant:

Yes I always tend to skip round with a half crazed grin on my face maypole dancing or some such! :hihi:

Not 'clit bang' again - that ad really does suck dunnit - ??

I despise MOST ads and we mostly flick over when one appears. But even then - they get you sooner or later - thats what advertisers know and depend on.

Have you noticed how the Freeveiw channells all put there ads on at the same time?

Oooo I'm a conspiracy theorist;)

Many ads are harmful by suggesting that something that is clearly unhealthy is actually good for you.

Take the new cider ad put out by the 'irish' brewery. The money they spent making that ad would feed a small country for a year! (The money the ad generates for them probably DOES feed a small country for a year - Ireland)!!

Still, Magners DO CARE about our health as they always tell us to, 'drink sensibly';

you know, right at the end of the ad in small print - as all of the other drug dealing advertisers do. Aaaah!

How about the crisp ad featuring our great ex England striker? - Get the drift?

England striker - very healthy - eats crisps - they MUST be good for you.

The ones that I find most disgusting are the 'american imports'.

That is the ones that advise you to 'SUE THE ARSE OFF ANYTHING THAT MOVES'!

They really DO care about you - they do - honest.

Just that, for the sake of looking in the Yellow Pages you could get better advise from a LOCAL firm.

The recession, (which Cyclone says is over, incidentally) has put paid to a lot of theivery on the money lending front, but there are still plenty of people out there, desperately in need of readys, just waiting to be fleeced.

Have you noticed how the frenetic scramble to part you from your cash/house/health has honed itself to a fine art?

They are, 'waiting for your call' - they are, 'here to help you' - they will, 'change your life'.

Desperate people are gullible people - and you really can be 'desperate' for a crisp just as much as for a new settee or for a bit of good advise.

They think that we REALLY look up to these D listers that they trot out to sell their

'new improved' garbage. Carol Vorderman, for one, should be ashamed of herself.

Don't let them get you - have your trigger finger ready on the remote - it is a bit satisfying -

But look at your CHILDREN - apart from the vast amounts of money they theive through kids, children represent the future to the industry - see how many ads you can spot that are designed to HOIKE your child in!

It really is a dark art - a dark, dark art.

I hate that furniture ad with the people miming to Nicklebacks Rockstar song. It really irritates me, it's so bad!

Same here. It really makes me cringe.

The one... the slimming one with the Yorkshire woman.. Im not sure what the product is because my mind is gone by the time they mention it but theres this beady, bright eyes women who is dancing and talking and at one point she says "enough!" Then 10 seconds later she finished the sentance with "I said" Theres a cardboard cut out of her when she weighed a ton or two and like most totty she looked better with meat on her.

Basically its the mad smile and that accent. Dont get me wrong, I have a similar accent and I like the south (ish) yorksire accent but for gods sake dont put it on telly!

I was just winding you up - I like seeing the rich get richer at the expense of your happiness - they're only harmless ads - we don't need to get all hung about them.

By the way, have you seen that ad for the Spanish holiday - the blonde with the jugs? (of Sangria) wow - really funny it is!

Lynx advert with the guy with indipendantly moving eyes.

Girls. What would be the bigger turn off? a little sweat? or a man who can look both ways at a crossing at the same time?

Sod the anti-persperant get thee to an eye surgeon!!! :rant:

What's in your wallet?