Mega Thread: Email Spam/Scam & Virus Warnings

What a load of old nonsense.

Thanks for the warning - hope folks take it seriously. I've also had a warning message not dissimilar to yours - I was told on no account to open any e.mail (even from a trusted source) with a title containing 'a postcard from.......' The virus in it apparently causes your screen to lock and the damage is done when you would press your Ctrl/Alt/Del keys to clear the problem as a last resort - clears the whole memmory so I am told! Sad world we live in eh?

hoax or not its better to be safe than sorry

No, what's better is to know it's a hoax so people don't think it's actually real.

Thanks for the warning - hope folks take it seriously.

You do not need to take this seriously - it is not real, it is a fake, it is a hoax, this email will do nothing to your system, it's spam, delete it - get it?

Driving on wet tram tracks, opening unknown attachments ... all the same really!

Its better to let people know than having friends and family get screwed by these sick idiots but if anyone is willing to open the file then be my guest its better to be safe than sorry.

But it's a hoax, it's not real. There's no "better to be safe than sorry" - it doesn't exist. Anyhow - like they say, the oldies are always the best and this one has been going around for years and years and years.

Its better to let people know than having friends and family get screwed by these sick idiots but if anyone is willing to open the file then be my guest its better to be safe than sorry.

Get over yourself. ITS NONSENSE.

What next? Press 9 and this post will automatically cost you £20.

HOAX.]

It's still a hoax though

No, what's better is to know it's a hoax so people don't think it's actually real.

You do not need to take this seriously - it is not real, it is a fake, it is a hoax, this email will do nothing to your system, it's spam, delete it - get it?

But it's a hoax, it's not real.

Can anyone tell me if its a hoax.

Do you think it is?

:mrgreen: