Looking for information on Private W J Lupton

Daven, Hi and many thanks for your help. I'm very new to forums so didn't realise about the number of post needed. I'm off to visit the resting place of my Great Granddad next week; I have the location of his final resting place at the Thiepval Memorial in France. Never of course knew him but I have a lot to thank him for.

---------- Post added 26-09-2015 at 09:48 ----------

Daven, sorry tried to message you but as I'm new to the forum I have to make 5 post before I can message you. Just to say thanks for the info. Andy

---------- Post added 30-09-2015 at 06:49 ----------

Well finally got to meet my Great Granddad. Private William John Lupton. Thiepval, Northern France

Hi Gracie. I know this is an old post and you may no longer have the medal in question as his great grandson Andy Lupton posted on the subject in 2015.

I am good friends with the grandson of Private William Lupton and he would be thrilled to own (or even see) the medal if you still had it in your possession. He is now 84 himself and served in the Army for 23 years.  He thinks Andy Lupton may be one of his uncle's grandchildren.

I am not a regular on here (and came across the topic by accident whilst browsing) so unsure how to proceed but I am happy to provide any information you require to corroborate my request.  Best wishes. P