Lyceum pantomimes in the 60s

anyone remember the lyceum pantomine babes back in the 60s performing Sleeping Beauty w/Edmond Hockridge and Roy Hudd

anyone remember the lyceum pantomine babes back in the 60s performing Sleeping Beauty w/Edmond Hockridge and Roy Hudd

Remember it? I worked backstage on that one!

The only backstage man i remember was the stage manager but unfortunately cannot remeber his name

the only backstage man i remember was the man who sat high up to the left of the stage and i think was the lighting technician

The Stage Managers name was Eric ? , can't remember his surname, and the man right at the top in the "Flies", i.e. the one who dropped the backcloths in, was Walt

A friend of my mum's took us to see Jimmy Clitheroe in Aladdin. It was brilliant. We went backstage to met him afterwards but sadly he just looked like a little old man. A shattered illusion....

Thw stage manager's name was John - he later went on to become stage manager in Leeds.

The chief electrician was Hedley Morton and he eventually became stage manager before the bingo took over.

Alf was the guy in the 'flies'.

Also I remember:

Mick the fireman

Harold the milkman

I worked on the lighting board, operated the 'limes' and patrolled the OP side.

Roy Hudd was a great guy and regularly used to join us in the Adelphi for a game on the pin table.

Thw stage manager's name was John - he later went on to become stage manager in Leeds.

The chief electrician was Hedley Morton and he eventually became stage manager before the bingo took over.

Alf was the guy in the 'flies'.

Also I remember:

Mick the fireman

Harold the milkman

I worked on the lighting board, operated the 'limes' and patrolled the OP side.

Roy Hudd was a great guy and regularly used to join us in the Adelphi for a game on the pin table.

Must be after my time, Ping! The Stage Manager was Eric, John was his deputy. The man up in the flyes was definitley Walt in my time. (He was my Father in Law). I remember Hedley though most of the others were firemen working part-time from Division St.Station.

I vaguely remember Walt but not Eric. I do remember playing a lot of 7 card brag during the shows.

Going back to the original post - I now recall that Cardew Robinson was also in that pantomime, along with Gordon and Bunny Jay - whatever happened to them?

One of the chorus girls was called Kath from Blackpool - now that does bring back memories..