Pubs of yesteryear Pitsmoor

Hi we lived in the next yard to Fitzalan inn at the top of Fitzalan st

Anybody mentioned The Forest on rutland rd

From 1964-1970 I lived 2 doors up from the Forest, went in nearly every night during that time.:thumbsup:

Did anyone go in the Ellesmere in the 70s. My mum and dad were regulars. My dad was called Horace Yates.

Their was one on fitzalan street called the tavern it was run by my aunt and uncle their name was ward

---------- Post added 15-12-2012 at 18:46 ----------

Ps it was my wifes uncle and aunty

Is the Limes Club and Institute still in operation?

srry i'm afraid the limes club donkeys years ago, my paarents used to go inthere with some friends. but unfortunatly the club closed stood empty for a couple of years before being razed to the ground and nurnsing home about ten yrs ago, gone the way of many pubs and clubs, now who would ever think that the dial house would end up closing, one of the best 4 o5 clubs in sheffield, like the woodseats club the healley club one of the top 3 clubs on city rd i think theres only the arundel, the park and arbouthone left up there now sheffields a much sadder place for the loss of famous pubs and clubs around even the shiregreen that hosted the setting for the world famous the full monty enough to make you cry all we have now are pubs up and down, west street, and eccy rd that cater only for the young some times very young their the ones with lots of money these days who seem to live just to get as drunk as they can in a shorter time as they can well who knows like the old saying what goes around comes around or is that misguided views x

is the limes club and institute still in operation?

no it was pulled down a good few years ago. The sitee is now a nursing home

Albion on earsham street next to John Heaths, commonly known as the six day house

Also Kynocks (forgive the spelling) on i think verdon street

Edited by kidley

Does any one know when the furnival on verdon street closed, and who the landlord was?

Does any one know when the furnival on verdon street closed, and who the landlord was?

i think it was about 1996

What was the  pub on a side street to the right past the shops on Spital Hill?..the furnival was good.