Wisewood/Myers merger thread - Part 3

Every one in the catchment area guaranteed a place - FACT - backed up by Local Authority statement and Forge Valley Governing Body press release, and based on the same percentage attending as of now across both schools.

Harry, can I just clarify this FACT please.

I didnt think anyone in the country were "GUARANTEED" a place at their catchment school. However, reading between the lines....based on the same percentage attending as of now across both schools....

Can you clarify your "fact" further please. What percentage does this mean. How long is this guarantee in place for, is it just for the year it opens or is this for longer? What will happen with this guarantee if more people than the "same percentage as of now" apply?

Thanks for your comments Harryarwen. I wish to finally dispel the concerns over pupil numbers.

Are SOCS aware that only about 55% of pupils within the catchment area go to either Wisewood or Myers Grove? The rest choose to exercise their right of choice and go to other schools. There is sufficient place now and well in to the foreseeable future for ALL pupils in the catchment area who want to go to Forge Valley to do so.

Please feel free to use SONS - Support our New School

What do you suppose will happen if the catchment of Forge Valley follows the same trend as Bradfield, in that 91% of catchment children applied last year.

Ive asked Harry but Ill ask you aswell. What will happen regarding the guarantee if 90-91% of catchment children choose to apply for the school the year it opens? Will the guarantee stand (if only based on the percentages now, which you say is 55%!!!) Will the guarantee be recinded?

Are you connected to the school? I wonder if anyone knows what target of catchment children they are aiming for, or if indeed they have a target.

I didnt think anyone in the country were "GUARANTEED" a place at their catchment school. However, reading between the lines....based on the same percentage attending as of now across both schools....

Can you clarify your "fact" further please. What percentage does this mean. How long is this guarantee in place for, is it just for the year it opens or is this for longer? What will happen with this guarantee if more people than the "same percentage as of now" apply?

What do you suppose will happen if the catchment of Forge Valley follows the same trend as Bradfield, in that 91% of catchment children applied last year.

Ive asked Harry but Ill ask you aswell. What will happen regarding the guarantee if 90-91% of catchment children choose to apply for the school the year it opens? Will the guarantee stand (if only based on the percentages now, which you say is 55%!!!) Will the guarantee be recinded?

Are you connected to the school? I wonder if anyone knows what target of catchment children they are aiming for, or if indeed they have a target.

I must say chavs YOU always ask some great questions and make some great points BUT they never seem to get answerd by those that want the school on here :rolleyes:

but keep asking and WE all hope you might get a answer :)

Oh Dear! Oh Dear! SOCS have again demonstrated how they want to twist the facts to suit themselves and their futile attempts to keep Wisewood open.

If they care to highlight my last statement

"There is sufficient places now and well in to the foreseeable future for ALL pupils in the catchment area who want to go to Forge Valley to do so"

it is clear - in plain English - that ALL pupils who want to go to Forge Valley from the catchment area will be able to!!!!!!

At present only about 55% want to, which is why so many pupils are attending from outside the catchment area causing the 2 year 'bulge' in numbers between 2011 and 2014 when they will have worked their way through the system. This is only due to the Governors confirming that pupils currently attanding either Wisewood or Myers Grove can finish their education at Forge Valley.

ALL 11 to 16 year olds from both the Wisewood and Myers Grove catchments areas can go to Forge Valley if they want to[/b]. Clear? Concise? to the point? SOCS is there anything you do not understand with the above statement?

Oh Dear! Oh Dear! SOCS have again demonstrated how they want to twist the facts to suit themselves and their futile attempts to keep Wisewood open.

If they care to highlight my last statement

"There is sufficient places now and well in to the foreseeable future for ALL pupils in the catchment area who want to go to Forge Valley to do so"

it is clear - in plain English - that ALL pupils who want to go to Forge Valley from the catchment area will be able to!!!!!!

At present only about 55% want to, which is why so many pupils are attending from outside the catchment area causing the 2 year 'bulge' in numbers between 2011 and 2014 when they will have worked their way through the system. This is only due to the Governors confirming that pupils currently attanding either Wisewood or Myers Grove can finish their education at Forge Valley.

ALL 11 to 16 year olds from both the Wisewood and Myers Grove catchments areas can go to Forge Valley if they want to[/b]. Clear? Concise? to the point? SOCS is there anything you do not understand with the above statement?

I hope your not a maths teacher :D

Because if ever child in the catchment chose to attend the new school there is no way that it would be big enough.

I hope your not a maths teacher :D

Because if ever child in the catchment chose to attend the new school there is no way that it would be big enough.

Exactly what SOCS have been saying.

The school is being built for 1050 pupils (55% of children in catchment according to sandbars)

1600 children are in catchment - where will the rest go if they wish to choose the new school - There will not be sufficient space for them.

Fair enough some can be taught in the 6th form rooms for a little while - but what after that - where will the surplus pupils be taught??

I wonder how many children in catchment will have to travel to other side of sheffield for a school place?

They are basing their figures on children at Wisewood and Myers now - not the amount of children whose parents might want to send them to a school with 'state of the art facilities' and apparent 'fantastic teaching'!!

According to there latest leaflet 'if birth rates continue to rise then we will work with the local authorite to make proposals for how this will be handled'

They havent a clue what they will do about extra pupils in the area!!!

They are basing their figures on children at Wisewood and Myers now - not the amount of children whose parents might want to send them to a school with 'state of the art facilities' and apparent 'fantastic teaching'!!

According to there latest leaflet 'if birth rates continue to rise then we will work with the local authority to make proposals for how this will be handled'

They haven't a clue what they will do about extra pupils in the area!!!

I think Sandbars is a pretty new poster on this thread, but they have quickly assimilated the facts and been able to give an answer that contradicts anything that SOCS can throw at it. The facts are very clear - go back to Sandbars post - SOCS arguments re Numbers, Contamination, transport etc etc just continue to be totally unsubstantiated.

Chavs - I think Sandbars has addressed the points that you asked me to answer? If not, please re-post. many thanks!

SUPPORT OUR NEW SCHOOL. (SONS)

If they care to highlight my last statement.

Sandbars, I am merely asking questions. I am not twisting facts, nor am I a member of SOCS. Do you know the number of children within catchment for each year group and the birth rates for pre-schoolers. Yes or No. Please do enlighten the rest of us.....

I will just stress again. Noone in the country is guaranteed a place at their catchment school. Are they? Please tell me if I am incorrect on this one!!! Or are you saying that the guarantee that has been put in place is for all 11-16 year olds in catchment.

I will just quote you again "ALL 11 to 16 year olds from both the Wisewood and Myers Grove catchments areas can go to Forge Valley if they want to" and "There is sufficient places now and well in to the foreseeable future for ALL pupils in the catchment area who want to go to Forge Valley to do so".

My children are all under 11. I live on the edge of catchment so if Forge Valley is oversubcribed and I want my children to go there then I will be one of the first to be "bumped" elsewhere due to the distance rule.

Is it wrong of me to ask questions or be concerned?

Harry, your more than welcome to comment on this guarantee. I.E who is it for, how long its in place, if its based on current percentages what happens if more than expected want to go to the new school etc.