Do spiders harm dogs?

My DDB x falls over her own feet, walks into doors, bangs her head , trips upstairs etc. youd be concerned about her balance or eye sight wouldnt you?

I was :o...but she can spot a spider at 100 yards and eat it!!! :gag: what id like to know is are spiders poisonous here in uk and can they harm her .....its usually a house spider or a fly she will spot and eat.

No idea, but I do laugh at my dog when he starts randomly snapping into thin air - trying to catch a fly. It's truly comical.

Mine tries to eat escapee crickets all the time, lol.

Spider will do no harm once eaten :)

My cat is obsessed with flies he's even worked out a top S.A.S manouver to bitch slap them to the ground, then eat them.....can't see how they'd be that tasty but doubt it'll do them much harm as long as there wormed regularly ....

Many moons ago when Meg was a young and foolish thing (as opposed to her now old and foolish state) she ate a spider....a second later it was seen crawling back out of her nose :gag: .

Just thought that I would share that with you all :hihi:

oh my god moonbird thats gross!!!! lol lol

Many moons ago when Meg was a young and foolish thing (as opposed to her now old and foolish state) she ate a spider....a second later it was seen crawling back out of her nose :gag: .

Just thought that I would share that with you all :hihi:

That's grim :lol:

It was both gross and grim I can vouch for that :gag:

My sons still talk about it I think they may have incurred lasting emotional trauma from it :hihi:

dogs can react to stings or bites , i always keep some childrens piriton syrup in just incase ,having said that i believe you have to be carefull with dosage, but i do know someone who nearly lost thier dog through a bee sting.if your worried ask your vet next time you go .hope this helps

dont know about dogs but i knew an old woman who swallowed a spider

it riddled and tickled in side her :D

My dog ate one of the childrens stick insects by accident!!! and hes still here a year later, my cat chases spiders and eat them !!!