Is Amy Winehouse the best female artist of our time?

Just been listening to Amy and her voice is both uplifting and soothing

And I was just thinking, she must be one of the best singers of our time

What do you think?

What do you think?

She is so talented but she has the self distruct button pressed and i cannot understand why

she seems to me to have been a daddy's girl who simply don't mean the word NO/STOP, Spoilt kid with cash and drugs.

But i would agree with the singer side, she does sound wonderful :thumbsup:

I met her last year and she`s a lovely person or should i say she was. She let me take her pic and we had a chat. She seamed really nice. I love her music too. She`s so different from anything else.

Detest everything about her with a passion!!!

Her music makes me turn the radio over!!!!

She is a tortured soul.....bless her.

I love her music...which isn't bad considering I'm a heavy metal sort of girl :lol:

I just get the gut feeling she isn't going to be around for too much longer...whether by accident or design.

I would love to wish her well....she has an amazing voice and talent.....but Amy Winehouse is seemingly not all about the voice. :)

She is a skanky piece of trash that belongs in the bin. And not a very nice bin. A really skanky bin.

I love

...but she is a mess....those aren't tattoos - they are graffitti....done for destruction rather than adornment....everything about her style oozes self abuse. And that is so tragic for one with such an amazing voice.

To refer to the OP though...uplifting and soothing are in my opinion strange ways to describe her music..her lyrics are nothing but cries of despair. And I too cry at some of her stuff.

And when I was in hospital recently having the scariest time of my life....Amy was with me - the only thing on my MP3....if only she know how she got me through. I wish I could return the compliment to her :)

She is a skanky piece of trash that belongs in the bin. And not a very nice bin. A really skanky bin.

But do you agree that she has a wonderful voice and delivery?

She's a true original, but unfortunately, as espadrille comments, she's on self destruct and no-one quite knows why.

The skanky piece of trash seems to be the one she's got all over her like a nasty little rash, her husband. Compare Amy before and after Blake and you can see the change he made in her, very sad.

You're all heart....and so compassionate :|

What do you think?

Shes good for todays music standards. I kinda like that jazz, laid over the piano sound.

She has a good voice but who cares? She is a joke. There's no point in people blaming that other waste of skin Blake for her downfall. She is an adult who is responsible for her own actions. They both want drowning.