Standhouse School and Windyhouse Lane

I started at Stand House school when it first opened in !93!,we all got a free transfer from the old wooden huts on Queen Mary Rd, Miss Hartley was the Headteacher and my first teacher there was Miss Dimpleby,I later had Miss Dodd,Miss Vere and Mrs Barton.Mr Bailey was the caretaker I remember the old farm house there before the school was built

I lived up the road from Mr Bunting and I lived across the road from the rec

My gr-grandparents lived on Hastilar Road 115.

what did they call them and around when would that be I moved in 1958

I was born in 67 and went to Standhouse in the 70's before being transferred to Prince Edwards.

I remember the headteacher was called Mrs Bradley or something similiar. I also remember a teacher called Miss Paw and I remember Mrs Gow. I am trying to remember the nursery teacher but just cant picture her.

Unfortunately I can not access the photos but will keep trying.

I remember being at SHS when they had a wendy house delivered and it was in the central quad area. We all had a rota of when it was or turn to play!

I remember all the kids when it was there birthday would get called out in assembly-sadly I was never called as my birthday was in the summer holidays.

I remember the dinner ladies banging on the tables to get some order at lunch times-I was petrified and remember wetting myself the first time I stayed for dinners when they did this. The nurse put me some navy knickers on and gave me a wagon wheel-it then became a regular event!! Still like wagon wheels to this day!! ha ha

The song I always remember was a firm favourite was 'The Golden Cockeril crows in the morning, wake up children, welcome the day!!'

We used to take a penny or 5p in on a monday and cue up outside the office to pay it into a savings bank! Dinner money was 12p per day and 60p per week. A bag of chips cost 2 and a half pence from Hagueys.

Crazy what u remember eh??

mumsy

what did they call them and around when would that be I moved in 1958

Just looking into it, actually they lived a 55 Manor Oaks Close (other end of Manor, easy mistake, lol). But on her death certificate, under when & where died it gives 115 Hastilar Road. She was Florence Shirt otherwise Warrington. So not sure if she was visiting a relative, would be nice if anyone knows who lived here at that time.

Martin