What's so wrong with Daily Mail readers?

You mean like people who join in August 2011? People who live in glass houses .....

True. But I'm not attacking individuals or saying any opinion is wrong. We have left and right wing thugs. Thugs can be left wing can they not?

What's the glass house comment mean? Is it a threat?

Look at the number of posts from the right wing thugs on this forum and you'll see that what you believe is not true.

I don't understand calling people 'thugs' in the context of a forum like this. People take a point of view and stand by it and strongly argue their point. Some are downright rude. That doesn't make them thugs though.

Thugishness to me means physical. Though it's probably one of those words banded about in order to try to discredit peoples view point without needing to come up with any sensible well thought counter argument. Other words spring to mind like 'Tory bully boy'. :rolleyes:

I don't understand calling people 'thugs' in the context of a forum like this. People take a point of view and stand by it and strongly argue their point. Some are downright rude. That doesn't make them thugs though.

Thugishness to me means physical. Though it's probably one of those words banded about in order to try to discredit peoples view point without needing to come up with any sensible well thought counter argument. Other words spring to mind like 'Tory bully boy'. :rolleyes:

The word thug is used to dismiss the opinion of the opponent

True. But I'm not attacking individuals or saying any opinion is wrong. We have left and right wing thugs. Thugs can be left wing can they not?

What's the glass house comment mean? Is it a threat?

my bold

Too right they can.

Well,I buy the daily Mail every day,mind you, I don't read the "news", I like it for Fred Basset and Garfield.

Oh,and I can just about manage their crossword and Soduko.

Well,I buy the daily Mail every day,mind you, I don't read the "news", I like it for Fred Basset and Garfield.

Oh,and I can just about manage their crossword and Soduko.

Why don't you just buy a crossword and soduku book, and a comic? :)

I buy it on Saturday, for the weeks TV coverage to be honest ..because the magazine is clearly printed, free with the paper and they have gardening tips for the week by Monty - always something to remind me what I should be doing.

I don't really like the Mail and I tend to read it and forget it.

Just what I do, as I pointed out a couple of pages ago when this was being discussed in 2008. I can take or leave most of the paper, but sometimes the articles are interesting. I think the financial information is simple and clear, and I'm also a fan of Monty Don!

It makes me smile at the entrenched negative opinions attached to anyone who reads the DM. I'm an individual, I have my own views, most of which fall around the political central ground. And nowadays, information rarely just comes from just newspapers, we have the internet and radio and TV news broadcasts - and they are certainly not all biased in one direction. :suspect:

if it wernt for daily mail we wouldnt know the half of what goes on.only criticism i have is peter dobbie makes sweeping comments but never gives an alternative.

It's a good paper, if all we had was the guardian we would be in PC hell.

I don't buy that either :)

Can't stand Liz Jones.

Isn't Liz Jones the fashion reporter for the Daily Mail who has battled with anorexia?

Believe it or not, the Daily Mail recently sent her to report on the famine in Somalia....:gag:

Isn't Liz Jones the fashion reporter for the Daily Mail who has battled with anorexia?

Believe it or not, the Daily Mail recently sent her to report on the famine in Somalia....:gag:

Yup. She'll be lecturing them all about what it's really like to be starving.