What's so wrong with Daily Mail readers?

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what seems to be the problem with reading the Daily Mail newspaper

I have noticed in a few threads that some people are constantly poking fun at them

I very rarely buy newspapers but I have to admit that today I bought the Mail on Sunday, but in my defence I only did so to get the free McFly cd that came with it

Now having flicked through it before leaving it at Starbucks it seems to be a perfectly normal newspaper, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing of interest just like any other paper

So could anyone please enlighten me as to why they are mimmicked so

Can anyone please enlighten me as to what seems to be the problem with reading the Daily Mail newspaper

I have noticed in a few threads that some people are constantly poking fun at them

I very rarely buy newspapers but I have to admit that today I bought the Mail on Sunday, but in my defence I only did so to get the free McFly cd that came with it

Now having flicked through it before leaving it at Starbucks it seems to be a perfectly normal newspaper, nothing out of the ordinary and nothing of interest just like any other paper

i guess its just depends on who you vote for really dont see a problem with it myself as i read a varied selection of newspapers

They do have a reputation for stretching the truth a bit and getting their facts wrong....but that's why I love it so much, because it's so scurrilous! I take it with a pinch of salt though.

If you will excuse me I must go and read about Liz Jones having an oily bath, seperating her eyelashes with a pin and shouting at her ex.

They do have a reputation for stretching the truth a bit and getting their facts wrong....but that's why I love it so much, because it's so scurrilous! I take it with a pinch of salt though.

If you will excuse me I must go and read about Liz Jones having an oily bath, seperating her eyelashes with a pin and shouting at her ex.

but most papers do that dont they

It's a very readable newspaper and good value as it takes longer than 5 minutes to read (unlike The Scum). The non-news stories and articles are very well written and often interesting.

However, the 'news' must always be read in inverted commas because it's rarely accurate, and the opinion pieces/letters/editorials are like the ravings of Mr Mad McMad of Madsville, Madshire.

It also has a venerable history of having supported the Nazis.

When people go on about 'Daily Mail readers' they don't mean all Daily Mail readers, just the poor deluded souls who take everything they print as gospel. ;)

I thought all newspapers did this Sally, they all put their own points over rather than just print facts and the truth

but most papers do that dont they

Yeah, I guess most have an agenda but the Daily Mail just makes things up totally. Believe me I read it every day and there is usually an apology in most days.

And they know damn well I did nothing to that sheep.

It's a very readable newspaper and good value as it takes longer than 5 minutes to read (unlike The Scum). The non-news stories and articles are very well written and often interesting.

However, the 'news' must always be read in inverted commas because it's rarely accurate, and the opinion pieces/letters/editorials are like the ravings of Mr Mad McMad of Madsville, Madshire.

It also has a venerable history of having supported the Nazis.

When people go on about 'Daily Mail readers' they don't mean all Daily Mail readers, just the poor deluded souls who take everything they print as gospel. ;)

Forgetting the Nazi thing isn't that half of the point of a free press? TO offer different viewpoints and let readers decide for themselves? Also it is good to have a press who can challenge views and criticize government policy?

It is a normal daily newspaper. :)

It's usually just (shall we say, in hushed tones?) that it has no attraction for "some" people. :)

I read several online newspapers on a daily basis, and the news in them is on pretty much the same sort of topics as the Mail newspaper.

Its daily Cryptic Crossword alone is worth the cover price for Crossword addicts. :thumbsup:

I thought all newspapers did this Sally, they all put their own points over rather than just print facts and the truth

But then I suppose the worst that could happen from taking The Guardian over seriously would be you develop too much interest in mung beans. If you took the Daily Mail too seriously you might start living in your cellar and stockpiling petrol and tinned peaches in case 'the foreigners' took them all ;)

Forgetting the Nazi thing isn't that half of the point of a free press? TO offer different viewpoints and let readers decide for themselves? Also it is good to have a press who can challenge views and criticize government policy?

But the Daily Mail writers don't seem to like anyone, do they? Even David Cameron is like Satan incarnate. ;) The only person they do like is Diana.

It's a shame that they go so OTT as when they do follow up a story properly (as with the scandal of the adoption figures affecting families who have done no wrong) nobody believes it, like the fable of the boy who cried wolf. :(

But the Daily Mail writers don't seem to like anyone, do they? Even David Cameron is like Satan incarnate. ;) The only person they do like is Diana.

My God, they adored Diana, now she has passed on to tunnels new, the latest hero is Madeleine, they have a non story every day about her without fail :D

Edited by esme
quote tags