Another new assistant mod!

Being an Admin or Moderator on Sheffield Forum is a privilege - and it's a position that we all take seriously backstage - regardless of what some of you may think.

The team work bloody hard around here in order to ensure that things keep ticking over. We sacrifice a great deal of free time to ensure that it's as nice a place as possible for you lot to hang out and exchange thoughts, ideas and opinions: a place where you can (safely) feel part of a community: a place where you can contribute to the growth of a wonderful local resource - and a place where you can network with lots of new people. And what do we get in return? Crap.

Criticism often says far more about the critic than it does about the criticized, but if you don't like how we work around here, then please, naff off somewhere else and leave those who do to enjoy what we are and what we offer.

If you wish to moan about Moderators, their decisions, or the moderation process in general - then do so via the helpdesk, not on this thread.

exactly, they have no say at home so they can make up for it on here, I don't think you would know who is fair and who isn't really as you don't know who's got the big stick, and won't explain out right on the forum why a post was removed ect...anyhow they seem to enjoy it, so what the heck :thumbsup:

I'm not sure what planet you're on love - but it aint mine.

Plus, with 30,000 new posts a week, we simply don't have the time to comment on everything we do. And why on earth should we? What gives you the right to demand we justify every action? When you own the site, and you pay the bills, you'll decide what happens. Until then, can I suggest that if you don't like it, you vote with your feet and go somewhere less moderated, because where I come from, you don't constantly berate something and then continue to be part of it - because that's called hypocrisy.

This thread is about the appointment of a new Asst Mod - let's keep it that way from now on.

Welcome to the team, Classic Rock.

I think Plain Talker would make a good mod but congrats. to Classic Rock

You could always ask D2J what he thinks of certain moderators, or I could ask him and tell you :hihi:

I see that my earlier warning about sniping about the mod team has been ignored.

Worrying how predictable some people can be really.

Closing.