Time for a summer knit-along! - August Selfish Knitting

Hello All,

I have been sitting here thinking that another knit along is well over due. So I propose for the month of August we have one with the theme being:

SELFISH KNITTING

You have to knit/crochet something for YOU and YOU only. What with the summer holidays coming up and the country generally looking in a bit of a mess, its time we treat ourselves to something yummy!

So who will be up for this?

So here I am alone in the house apart from my two highly trained guard dogs (well ok at moment they are both cuddled up together on bed snoring, )thinking shall I iron ....................no ...............or shall I indulge in something I haven't done for ages ............sort out my wool. :thumbsup:

Reading OP guess it has to be the latter. I am trying to decide what to knit I fancy something for me but not sure what , so by drolling over black bags full of yarn hopefully I WILL decide soon.

I may have a spare ball of yarn to knit something for myself ... wanders off to have a look. Yup, now will go and check patterns.

Wonderful :D

Post up patterns and yarn choices when you've made your minds up! I'm off to do a little more finishing off first.

I was thinking of making the knitalong a sticky - when you are ready let me know :)

That sounds great! Whenever you are ready. Perhaps soonish as its nearly August! And perhaps it will be a good discussion point at the July meet.

I've got a pattern sorted and yarn - problem is I've lost the pattern so need to re order it. Sigh.

I'm in! I just need to finish off the Noro Silk Garden cardigan for me and then I can make something else - for me again!!!! This is a rare thing so I am very excited. I may even indulge in a new pattern.......

I think having looked through my stash a visit to Jill next week is in order I feel I need to move to the dark side and buy pattern and sock yarn to take on hols much to mums dismay she can not beleive I take my knitting on holiday:loopy:

My brain might fall out if I even contemplate knitting something for myself! Well that's a lie, my brain might fall out if I finish something I've started knitting for myself.