Looking for photos/history of St. bartholomews Church in Carbrooke St.

hi i was christened at st. bartholomews church in carbrook street i think it was about 1961 or 1964. does anyone have any photos or history of this church please, thank you.

hi i was christened at st. bartholomews church in carbrook street i think it was about 1961 or 1964. does anyone have any photos or history of this church please, thank you.

The church was next to the Pheasant grounds and not on Carbrook street , there was not a church on carbrook street. The other one was in the the Shirts box factory on Bright street / Carbrook Street which was used for selling packing cases.

bluebird62

As a kid I lived very close to Shirts box factory and after everyone had gone home we climbed over the wall and messed around in the yard where millions (well it seemed like millions to us) of creates were stored.

It made a fantastic play ground where many a boyhood war game was acted out. I'd like to take this chance to apologise to the people who owned or worked there because I remember that we must have made a hell of a mess occassionally.

Jane, I was Christened at St. Bartholomews in 66 and my parents were married there.

I haven't got a photo here at home with me, but give me a couple of days as I know where I can get one to make a copy for you.

Damkina

mum used to play hell about the vicar after a service he used to call in the pub across the road at the top off Carbrook St for a drink,they used to have scouts and girl guids meetings at the back of the church.

My school Cabrook Church of England always had their Christmas Nativity Play

at this church with the school choir and as I remember put on some good performances.

I have got you a photograph of St. Bartholomews church if you pm me.

The church was next to the Pheasant grounds and not on Carbrook street , there was not a church on carbrook street. The other one was in the the Shirts box factory on Bright street / Carbrook Street which was used for selling packing cases.

bluebird62

my sister was too christened at this church it was at the top of carbrook street but on the other side of the common left hand side coming from tinsley

bluebird62

i used to play in the box yard as a child we lived on dunlop street i remember jumping from the bedroom windows onto old matresses and getting a good hiding when went home for muckying my whitsuntide clothes

As a kid I lived very close to Shirts box factory and after everyone had gone home we climbed over the wall and messed around in the yard where millions (well it seemed like millions to us) of creates were stored.

It made a fantastic play ground where many a boyhood war game was acted out. I'd like to take this chance to apologise to the people who owned or worked there because I remember that we must have made a hell of a mess occassionally.

we got the blame always they used to come and tell mum and we would get into trouble put upstairs no tea

mum used to play hell about the vicar after a service he used to call in the pub across the road at the top off Carbrook St for a drink,they used to have scouts and girl guids meetings at the back of the church.

would that be the excelsior

Where are all the old records kept now that the church has gone?