Middle names for children?

Its really hard! I never found out what sex I was having so had to discuss both gender names! I would settle on one name, then change my mind a few weeks later!

My eldest was going to be Joseph for a boy, then my neighbour had a boy a few weeks earlier and called her son that....I can't remember what girl name I had in mind, but I know I eventually decided on Emily after a character in a book I loved. That was after she was born though!

My middle child ended up having the names Leonie, Faith, and Liberty all through the pregnancy. Naturally it ended up being a boy and the poor little mite was nameless for a week as my and OH argued about it, he liked 'simple' names like Jack and John, I loved others such as Toby and Zachery. Eventually I gave him the choice - between two names of my choice! Matthew and Oliver he chose Matthew and we celebrated with champagne :hihi:

My third I was determined it was MY choice, and something more unusual. She was Rosalie for a while. The night before I went in to be induced I was nosying at naming sites and found the name Natalia, one I'd liked since seeing 'goldeneye'. However they showed it spelt 'Nataliya' which I really liked. It also meant 'born at christmas' which was quite apt as she arrived on the 21st of Dec!

Looking at different ways of spelling names is quite good, but don't make it too outlandish, read lots of books (fiction as well as any name books!) and make notes of names you like. You could always put these into a hat and get someone to choose, although make it clear that its not set in stone as you're bound to change your mind when baby appears!

My bold :- or do half the neighbourhood dogs or cats come running at the name...?

I like it :hihi::hihi:

Im due in 2wks and throughout being pregnant and for some months before we knew it would be amelia grace for a girl. The boys name has changed so many times its unreal as we just can't agree. at the minute i want lewis and my OH wants corey and neither of us like the other's choice! it's a nightmare because im sure if we have a boy it'l be nameless for days before we can agree!

awww bless , well tuesday i find out what im having lol. at the mintue i like george mattew but my mind changes all time lol, i dont no about girls

I had Robyn Sophia chosen long before I had DD, I just loved the name Robyn and chose Sophia rather than Sophie because her dad has some greek in his family. I hadn't even found out whether I was having a girl when I chose her name but for some reason I never chose a boys name, I was convinced from very early on that I was having a girl.

im convinced thou im having a girl , lol. but then again the names will change when baby is here , as some babys dont actually suit there names lol

hi people well i am 32 weeks pregnant and have no idea weather it is a boy or a girl scince my little bundle of joy wont move i have to think of a girls name and a boys name i dont want something too unusual but i dont want anything to common and i am totally stuck the more i think the more i just crnt seem to find one that i like :huh: so i was hopeing you loverly people would give me a few names that i may not have already thought of thanks in advance ;)

I'm 6 days off my due date and still clueless lol...I know I'm having a girl an so far and I really like Sadie-Marie, Tiffany, Leah, Aimee and Melissa, Kali-Rose, oh and Amelia :) If I was having a boy it'd have to be Dylan or Tyler :)

Congrats on the pregnancy and good luck name picking :D xx

i like ruby for a girl and samual for a boy, my fav was harrison and thats what we called my lil one, congrats

thanx for the suggestions keep em coming and I will let everyone no what I choose

Edited by Zebra
edited text speak

My lil one was going to be called Lewis but ended up being Charlie. We liked Alfie, Adam (his middle name now), Lewis/Louis/Lluis.. If he was a girl we liked Katie (spelt in various ways!), Gracie/Grace. Personally, I wouldnt go for a name with an alternate spelling because they'll spend the rest of their lives correcting people. Everyone calls my niece Ky-la/Carla/Kylie because shes spelt Kaila but her name is kayla. We cant find anything personalised for her unless its spelt with a Y not an I. We're forever correcting people too! Alfie and Ruby are becoming very common, I know of 6 Alfies aged 2 and under and 4 Rubys aged 2 and under! Gracie is also becoming popular, and Gracie-may/Mae. I also know of a few Charlies but not as many as Alfie/Ruby. Good luck x

I :love: the name Ruby. I was going to name my daughter if she was a boy Logan.