Middle names for children?

I have a Freya-Grace and a Piper Rose. Never met another one of either yet!.

We also like: Autumn, Lola, Loveday (well I do, OH hates it!).

Boys: Henry, Noah, Sebastian

Piper was called Phoebe for the first couple of hours, until we decided it didn't suit her!.

i love the name Freya and piper rose i have never heard of that but sounds great i think me and my partner have definetly decided on Imogen Skye and Lily Marie for the twins (if they are both girls

Our little girl is Tegan Dakota, most of the people who've met her have said they've never heard the name before :) Sometimes its nice to be different ;)

I've never heard it together before, but I do know a couple of Tegans, and my neice is a Dakota, I LOVE that name!

How hard is it to chose a name !!!:o

i have thought of a few names , then i go off the idea ,

How did u chose your name for your little one? x

It is difficult choosing names, I just kept repeating them with our surname, to see how they sounded, and trying to imagine a child at different ages & how the name would suit them. Good luck.

thats what im keeping doin , then i put a middle name with the first name then it doesnt sound right !!! , i no im only 19 weeks , got a long way of yet , lol

My first was named partially after the guy who invented rugby, as my husband is a huge rugby fan...plus my grandad's name.

The second was harder. We went through baby name books and wrote shortlists until we found one we could both agree on...plus the other half of Mr-I-Invented-Rugby's name.

Once you think you have a name, you must do the following test:

1. repeat the full name very sternly, as if baby-to-be is in big trouble. Will it make them stop in their tracks and behave? Y/N

2. open the front door and yell the name out very loud as if calling baby-to-be in for tea.

Did you cringe when you thought your neighbours might hear you? Y/N

3. Imagine your child as a rock star, a pilot, a famous private investigator, and a teacher. Is your child going to be able to hold his/her head up in all of these callings with this name? Y/N

4. Carefully write down and scrutinise your chosen name's initials and all possible nicknames. Is there anything there that they will hate you for, for the rest of their lives? Y/N

The answers should be 1.Y, 2.N, 3.Y, 4.N

Ideally you should get all these right. Number 4 is very important unless you really want to be evil and cruel.:hihi:

Edited by cosywolf

We couldn't agree on any names I wanted Ruby but other half didn't like it. One day I was watching friends when Rachel had her baby and said what about Emma - other half loved it I didn't.

When I was having my daughter we were still arguing so one of the guys in theater whilst I was having my c section decided on a show of hands Ruby won but someone changed their mind when my daughter arrived. She looked like an Emma so we have a wonderful daughter Emma with a middle name of Louise (everything goes with Louise).

Good luck we are having the same argument about baby number 2.

I spent the majority of my pregnancy trying to think of a name for my DD.

In the end just before her birth I had narrowed it down to a list of 20 with 3 firm favourites. I ended up not liking any of them for her when she was born and called her something that I hadn't even considered before. It was almost as if she chose the name and put it in my head. Now that name suits her perfectly :)

My first was named partially after the guy who invented rugby, as my husband is a huge rugby fan...plus my grandad's name.

The second was harder. We went through baby name books and wrote shortlists until we found one we could both agree on...plus the other half of Mr-I-Invented-Rugby's name.

Once you think you have a name, you must do the following test:

1. repeat the full name very sternly, as if baby-to-be is in big trouble. Will it make them stop in their tracks and behave? Y/N

2. open the front door and yell the name out very loud as if calling baby-to-be in for tea.

Did you cringe when you thought your neighbours might hear you? Y/N

3. Imagine your child as a rock star, a pilot, a famous private investigator, and a teacher. Is your child going to be able to hold his/her head up in all of these callings with this name? Y/N

4. Carefully write down and scrutinise your chosen name's initials and all possible nicknames. Is there anything there that they will hate you for, for the rest of their lives? Y/N

The answers should be 1.Y, 2.N, 3.Y, 4.N

Ideally you should get all these right. Number 4 is very important unless you want to be evil and cruel.

My bold :- or do half the neighbourhood dogs or cats come running at the name...?

My bold :- or do half the neighbourhood dogs or cats come running at the name...?

:hihi:

We chose Charlie simply because, on our second scan the guy doing it, was having a laugh with us and me and the OH had had a bet, Girl? He cooked ME tea! Boy? I cooked him tea! The guy said "You're cooking tonight young lady.." and after having a little look at the screen and whilst he did the measuring etc I spotted his name badge (Charles) and just said "What about Charlie?" We'd been arguing weeks before as to what to call 'it' :D

Then, when I was in labour, the guy administering my epidural was talking away to me.. telling me a few jokes etc.. And once he'd done, I remember him saying "Well then Gina, job done, your knocked out, nice to meet you and my name is Charlie, good luck" and that was another reason he ended up being Charlie!

Everyone liked Charlie, although I liked Aaron more :D

Its not your typical teen mum name, I did get the label (Teen Mam!). And it suits him :)