Is Sheffield a "DANGEROUS CITY"?

Is sheffield a "DANGEROUS CITY"  

116 members have voted

1. 1. Is sheffield a "DANGEROUS CITY"

• dangerous
    • just like the rest of the country
    • nothing to worry about

A group of kids were held up at knife point on wednesday night about 50 yards from my front door..

Thats never happened so close before and i bet now its happened once it will happen again. Now the ex isnt allowed out of the house when its dark unless shes got one or both dogs with her. Ive lived on this estate for a long time now and ive certainly never felt like this before.

I used to live in Manchester before I moved to Sheffield and I think that Sheffield is following in the same way as Manchester It starts out one or two shooting and before you know it there one every day. I think Sheffield at the mo is ok but at the rate its going it will be like Manchester and London within 5 years

London Birmingham manchester Nottingham Liverpool are alot worse than sheffield we have got along way to go and hopefully it wont get as bad as it is in those citys.

lol lets hope so mate because Manchester is a place I would never live again

I think the important thing to note is that Sheffield isn't dangerous yet, but it sure is getting worse. And it appears to be going downhill faster and faster every day.

I grew up in Sheffield and I still visit my family and friends often and go into town, I Have seen big change and most is not for the better, but its not fair to compare cities with the violence of Liverpool and Manchester, most of the vile crime that is reported in the media is that of drug wars and they bring that on them selves, I have been a taxi driver in all 3 cities over the last 20 years, and my home town is the only one I would not do again, I still go out in all 3 towns and Liverpool is the best in atmosphere and safety . And as for trouble most have problems once you leave the city centres and wonder in to the housing developments and all 3 cities it’s a big risk ……but they can not compare to the RED AND WHITE WIZARDS for football.

Just keep away from certain places at certain times and all will be well. I've never once in 10 yrs living here felt in danger, which is more than can be said for when I'm in say, London.

I guess it's a perception thing, maybe the facts paint a different picture.....

Copters' hovering above us in Greystones as we speak - 4:40 in the afternoon and somethings happening - decide for yourself!!!

Sheffields just as bad as anywhere else in the country, no moreso though. I've only ever had one problem in Sheffield and even then it was just people being drunk and disorderly, and there were no weapons involved (thank god).

People shouldn't be scared to come to Sheffield but should use their own common sense to realise that as sad as it is, wherever you go thesedays your never 100% safe.

It is getting really bad, nowadays people walk old women half way across the road :hihi:

Copters' hovering above us in Greystones as we speak - 4:40 in the afternoon and somethings happening - decide for yourself!!!

one incident, whatever it was (could be a lost child) does not make a dangerous city.