Please slow down

While your point about other behaviours is a good one, that doesn't mean trying to reduce that 5% to 1% can't be a bad thing.

(I'll take your word for it on the stats ;) )

That's true. But it should be kept in proportion, which it isn't at the moment.

You'd think that if people stuck to the limit then miraculously all accidents would go away, at least if you hear an anti-speed campaigner.

if you saw that hurtling towards you wouldnt you speed up rather than slow down

to escape being squashed?

Originally Posted by roleypoly

Thankls for the public service anouncement. Next.

Got a rite chip on your shoulder havn't you

no one has asked you to post

Only registered a few days ago and already being a 24 carot P ***

Roleypoley is right, there's no point at all in turning SF into a public information film centre.

Decent lit? Thankls?:huh: Check your own 'lit'.

ha ha yes beat me to it

Thats the most stupid propaganda against speeding ever....

Slowing down dosent come into it...not letting your dog cause mayhem on a road does.

Its like saying that eating bacon sandwiches may cause you to choke to death so dont eat them..

Accidents will happen, sad but true.

Haha, great bit of acting. The only thing that will teach you a lesson is if your involved in an accident yourself. Not funny videos like this.

If that is the only evidence (a professionally made tv advert) no mention if it was based on a true story which is doubtful at best. I agree with cyclone the amount of accidents caused by too much speed is less than 5%

but i suppose the feeble minded believe everything they see on an internet site or tv advert

one of the videos that comes up after the main one as 'related'

I'd like the roads to be safer (well, they are, every year), but focusing on something that is a major factor in <5% of accidents is just stupid.

How about, please check when changing lanes. Please don't tailgate. And please be careful turning right across the carriageway. Those are the 3 most common causes of accidents.

Arguably tailgating was the problem in this clip

I'm sick to death of people who can't see the road ahead thanks to being too damned close to me suddenly finding out why I'm travelling so slowly or have just braked

I very nearly saw a woman be mowed down on the zebra crossing outside Woodhouse library. The transit van behind me overtook me when I stopped at the crossing. Luckily he managed to jam his brakes on in time. Not sure how coz he was glaring at me for stopping, but he was on the crossing when he came to a halt. Surprised the little old dear didn't have a heart attack too!

actually - reading more of this thread is disturbing me

there seem to be way too many people who have decided that any accident is the fault of the slowest moving and most vulnerable party in any situation :mad:

I'd like to see the law changed so that the least vulnerable party is always to blame - like car/cyclist collisions in Amsterdam. It's amazing how damned considerate people are over there when travelling, rather than having the aggressive attitude they do here

I'd like to see the law changed so that the least vulnerable party is always to blame - like car/cyclist collisions in Amsterdam. It's amazing how damned considerate people are over there when travelling, rather than having the aggressive attitude they do here
Great idea - so it's the car's fault, even if the cyclist just swerves out in front of a carefully driven car.

Daftest suggestion I've ever heard.

There is of course the off chance that someone who is anti-speeding has actually been a victim of the consequences of dangerous driving and therefore knows what they are talking about? And that by calling them 'feeble-minded' some on here are being really quite spectacularly ignorant? ;)

Thats the most stupid propaganda against speeding ever....

Slowing down dosent come into it...not letting your dog cause mayhem on a road does.

Its like saying that eating bacon sandwiches may cause you to choke to death so dont eat them..

Accidents will happen, sad but true.

How ridiculous. The message is clearly that if you speed you are less able to respond to the unexpected in time (distance) to deal with it.

And I disagree with some comments above. The OP was drawing something to our attention which he/she has found to be personally valuable/stimulating/interesting in much the same way as people come on here to talk about their recent purchase of celery or anger at bus drivers. It's no different.