Taybarns restaurant - has anyone been?

Mod: Threads merged. Please search before starting new threads. Ta.

Mod: Threads merged. Please search before starting new threads. Ta.

i did search and i didnt find it useful

Just got back...... Never again! Filthy crockery and cutlery, Food service areas caked in dried up food, Food trays not replaced until all the dross had gone( I watched one server scraping what was left of some chicken from a horrible greasy serving dish onto a cleaner one - the lot should have gone in the bin! ) , Food tongs caked in dried on mess, Gravy and Chocloate sauce containers resembling a cobblers glue pot, No Carvery, what food we had was cold by the time we sat down, only seats available were near a window in a howling draught, only fizzy drinks available on the refill deal, saw a staff member tell a customer to P*** off as she turned away after complaining about there being no food out ready and nowhere to park in the car park!

Apart from that it was OK..............

dont go there if you are trying to lose weight

went last sunday and it was rubbish,cheap food sold cheaply thats about it

me and my partner went for the first time last week and we loved it, yeah its cheap and cheerful but we wasn't looking for a la carte we were looking for somewhere we could go and chill and have a bite or 3 to eat, would reccomened it to anyone, and the fudge cake with warm chocolate fudge sauce is amazing xxx

from all the coments on here i`ll give it a miss.

sounds like all frozen,deep fried,packet food to me.

if i wanted that i`ll go to my local no frills supermarket?freezer centre.

i can cook fresh better myself! which i do anyway.

don`t fancy a place full of chavs wondering around saying "innit" and pretending to be black.

also middle age familys with a waistline larger than their age wearing baseball caps,fleeces and carpet slippers! :rant:

Just got back...... Never again! Filthy crockery and cutlery, Food service areas caked in dried up food, Food trays not replaced until all the dross had gone( I watched one server scraping what was left of some chicken from a horrible greasy serving dish onto a cleaner one - the lot should have gone in the bin! ) , Food tongs caked in dried on mess, Gravy and Chocloate sauce containers resembling a cobblers glue pot, No Carvery, what food we had was cold by the time we sat down, only seats available were near a window in a howling draught, only fizzy drinks available on the refill deal, saw a staff member tell a customer to P*** off as she turned away after complaining about there being no food out ready and nowhere to park in the car park!

Apart from that it was OK..............

went last sunday and it was rubbish,cheap food sold cheaply thats about it

I was beginning to think it was just me :confused: I've been once and would never go again :rolleyes:

from all the coments on here i`ll give it a miss.

sounds like all frozen,deep fried,packet food to me.

if i wanted that i`ll go to my local no frills supermarket?freezer centre.

i can cook fresh better myself! which i do anyway.

don`t fancy a place full of chavs wondering around saying "innit" and pretending to be black.

also middle age familys with a waistline larger than their age wearing baseball caps,fleeces and carpet slippers! :rant:

dont u just love stereotypical people

Well we went last night and thought it was perfectly alright.

We got there at 4.45 so got it at the lower price, although would have happily paid the higher price tbh.

The choice of food was excellent, the food was hot and fresh, whilst we were there the dishes were replenished many times.

BTW Actionman, I love your idea of the type of people you 'think' go there. You have some serious issues about chavs and middle aged overweight families... oh to be so perfect! You need to visit the place before you start slating the people who go there and the place as you clearly know nothing. :rant:

Whilst we were there we saw FRESH pizzas made , with FRESH ingredients going into a PROPER fire burning pizza oven - frozen.... no. FRESH salad, FRESH chickens being cooked on the rotisserie, etc.

I enjoy cooking and preparing fresh/healthy meals for my family .... but sometimes it's nice to go somewhere like Taybarns. If you solely rely on Taybarns to provide food for your family seven days a week, then I think you have problems.

If you think your local pub down the road is providing you with top quality, ultra fresh, never been frozen food....for £7.95.. then you are mistaken. Taybarns is a dining experience. So is paying £45 for a medallion sized piece of ribeye steak and six chunky chips. Given the choice between the two, I'd prefer Taybarns. That's not because I'm a cheapskate, middle-aged, overweight chav.... but because I like to feel I've actually eaten. Of course Taybarn is not top quality food, it wouldn't be £7.95 if it was. We know it’s not the Savoy or headed by Jamie Oliver. What it does offer you is a chance to be reckless and over indulge once in a while.... nothing more. I went a couple of month ago... we're thinking about going again on my lad's birthday next month... so what. My lad enjoys, I enjoy it. Isn't that a good thing? I just can't believe the snobbery and condescending attitude of some of the messages in this thread. It's a shame people have to be like this.

Ive been to Taybarns quite a few times now the food is lovely