Why do some threads attract a high number of views yet few posts?

I am curious about this phenomenon, maybe because if a thread title attracts my attention, I feel compelled to post on it. Yet there are so many threads which have 100s if not 1000s of views, yet a fraction of the number of posts.

Is it just me? I seldom view a thread without posting.:suspect:

The religion/race threads seem to get high number of views but then again they get a high volume of people bashing it to perhaps that is why it gets high viewing :confused:

Some posts just show a link to something, once you've seen it, you just move on.

I view far more threads than I post on.

Sometimes people are more interested in reading than contributing for loads of reasons. I don't post on driving threads because I can't drive and can't be bothered to defend any potential position I might take from a position of weakness ;)

Similarly I read a lot of the parenting and pet threads but don't tend to comment unless I really have something useful to say. Not often since I'm neither a parent or a pet owner.

I'm getting better though. I used to agonise over every word of a post. Now I'm much more likely to post off the top of my head. And cringe later.

Very nearly viewed with out posting.. but due to the theme of the thread.. I thought Id leave my mark...

Perhaps you just have more to say than anyone else?:P

A lot of stuff's been answered by someone else in exactly the same way as I would have done so what's the point of repeating it/them/myself. Other stuff I'm curious about and on viewing, find I just havent got anything to say; other stuff makes me so angry it's better not to say so as a general rule, I've learned to avoid those threads and still other stuff I dont want to be associated with because on having opened the thread, I then find inappropriate content.

Well when the ladies notice that Mr FUTO has entered the thread

That usually kills it off bit sharpish :hihi:

Perhaps you just have more to say than anyone else?:P

I know worrying isn't it?:suspect:

This thread, a prime example. 8 posts, 81 viewings. Hmmm.

Often my threads get more views than replies, in most cases though this is a good thing, cos people tend to reply in order to troll/bait me, which I am then obliged to report to the Mods.

Often my threads get more views than replies, in most cases though this is a good thing, cos people tend to reply in order to troll/bait me, which I am then obliged to report to the Mods.

Rich, I have never trolled or baited you. :thumbsup:

Some posts just show a link to something, once you've seen it, you just move on.

True, poppins. :thumbsup:

I've started a couple of threads within the last few days, and TBH they are suited to watching the link, and simply moving on without a need for comment.

For example, here's a link I posted in the General Sports Section ..... I expected only viewers .... there's little one can comment about really. It's for the amusement of the viewer only ....

Link