Are women under 30 incapable of cooking today

After seeing Rebecca's attempt to make a birthday cake :gag: on Big Brother yesterday, like adding WATER to the cake mixture :rolleyes: turning that cake mixture into a DISH???!!!!! using a spatula instead of a wooden spoon, turning the butter icing blood red :gag:, and her other disasters included breaking the eggs into a pan whilst making an omelette, it begs the question: Do women under the age of 30 actually know how to cook? Are they capable of even making a pot noodle, and if they were actually asked to make one, would they remember to boil the water first, and if they got past that stage, would they then go on to fill the pot right up to the top? Can they make toast without a visit from the fire brigade? I've got to admit that watching the pathetic efforts on Big Brother doesn't cast the culinary skills of 20-somethings in a good light.

ok, let me just get something straight, you see one 'girl' Bex on BB that can't cook and then post on a forum asking if 'women' are incapable? :loopy:

I'll ask 'why do some men see one woman that can't cook' and ASSUME they all can't??? :loopy:

well i am 52 and i am a terrible cook and i hate cooking,i wish i had someone that liked cooking and cooked all my meals for me, but then again i hate cleaning and i hate ironing even more

I love cooking, truly do! Its therapeutic for me and I live to cook for others also.

I'm under thirty and it has to be said i'm a truly marvelous cook. A lot of my friends are good cooks too. Having said that, a lot of them are pretty poor also. They do try though bless x

Edit: kisses on the end of posts? Think i've been emailing my friends too much this morning.

I'm under thirty and it has to be said i'm a truly marvelous cook.

Will you marry me? :D

Will you marry me? :D

Not unless you can cook :D

.... the pathetic efforts on Big Brother doesn't cast the culinary skills of 20-somethings in a good light.

Big Brother doesn't cast the skills of 20-somethings in a good light at all, not just cooking.

You're extrapolating a bit aren't you? You've deduced all that from watching one woman on a reality TV programme?

Can men under 30 or even over 30, for that matter, cook? I know plenty of both men and women who are superb cooks. Unfortunately, I'm not of that number, although my daughter is a great cook, she actually uses raw ingredients to do it, too!

In my book, if it's not capable of being microwaved in 30 seconds, it doesn't exist :hihi:

did you eat the English dictionary last night or something?:hihi:

Do women under the age of 30 actually know how to cook?

I'm under 30, and am a good cook with a wide repertoire. I love cooking. And am lucky that I don't have to do it all the time because lots of my important other people are good cooks too.

I have definately met a few women who are totally incapable of making food thats not terrible, or burnt or both... toxic and dangerous..

If your woman cooks you bad food all the time its because she doesnt respect you... ha ha

I am over 40 and a crap cook I hate it with a passion so its microwavable meals in our house (most of the time anyway):hihi:

I'm under 30 and whilst I try to cook as often as I can, I'm just no good at it! I would never resort to eating microwave meals though. With lots of preparation and forward planning I can make a decent meal from scratch, but it just doesn't come naturally to me!

Edited to say - surely you should give Bex credit for at least trying, even if it was a disaster!