Neighbours from hell

My daughter`s just had to move because her neighbour made her life hell. The main reason was that she let her own dog s**t on her own garden and didn`t clear it up one day. He said he could see it if he was stood in his conservatory. He came around and forced his way in her house and threatened her. She rang the police and they put a restraining order on him but it didn`t stop him from intimidating her so in the end the council moved her.

I thought new laws were introduced recently precisely to clarify the issue of tall hedges, due to the number of neighbour disputes over them?

My bold

If you do, I'm afraid you'll be in the wrong! You can cut off any branches that lean over your property, but as far as height goes, you have no right to reduce that. The fact that it shades your decking is irrelevant, unfortunately.

You do have a 'right' to light, and there have been cases (especially with Leylandii) where people have had to cut border trees down to allow their neighbours to receive sunlight.

It may only apply to hedges over certain heights, but there must also be conditions for height relative to garden size - at least, I would have hoped so.

The lack of support you have received Laura from the police is actually very scary.

:(

With all due respect each one of you that is replying to this does not know the full and correct story and wasn't there at the scene.

With all due respect each one of you that is replying to this does not know the full and correct story and wasn't there at the scene.

you implying im lying???:rant:

The lack of support you have received Laura from the police is actually very scary.

:(

But not surprising :rolleyes:

Quite a while ago I was driving on a road near to where I live and signalled and pulled out to overtake a stationary bus. There were six more stationary buses parked infront of it and a lorry was heading straight for me, lucky for me the lorry driver spotted the problem and stopped.

I phoned the police and was told by a woman who gave her name that as no injury or fatality had occurred they were not interested. I then said "well i'll just send a copy of the recording of this conversation to the press and if anyone is killed or injured I shall contact them accordingly". I had not of course recorded the conversation.

"What, oh, well let me think sir" came her reply. I was later contacted by a police officer who said that there was little that he could do but within two weeks there were never more than two buses parked there.