Help with Broadband speeds on Sky Broadband

hi, im currently on sky for broadband i pay £10 mth for top speed & my laptop running really slow lately so ive done test and ive got results as follows

4369 kbps download speed

584 upload speed..

can anyone translate this for me please into meg or what ever ya call it.

many thanks

4.3 meg download speed - not much faster than my mid range package at £5 (currently 3.8 / 4.1 meg)

Maybe worth a call for a line check etc . I am just about at the 3km distance from my exchange and get average of 4. Would expect better than that on a 16 meg line

thanks for that bit info how can i find out where my exchange is?

Check here for your exchange

Don't forget that connection speed is affected by lots of things including distance from exchange, line quality, number of concurrent users on your circuit, interference and more. Some people would still only get a half meg connection on an 'up to 16 meg' package because that's all their line can handle.

are you using the master socket not an extension ?

im new to all this internet only thing i know is that ive got wireless router in my living room and i run my laptop of it,

You are lucky I pay for 8meg via Supanet and get 500mbp, i did complain and got about 7 meg but the lines was down more than it was working. Surely there are some trading standards issues here?

who do you recomend

You are lucky I pay for 8meg via Supanet and get 500mbp, i did complain and got about 7 meg but the lines was down more than it was working. Surely there are some trading standards issues here?

who do you recomend

am using talktalk in deepcar and get 7.2mbps, but there are so many factors that can effect it, and more importantly they only ever quote up to on speeds.

So no tradin standards issues am afraid, however if the line dint actually work for days on end that may be a different matter

Check out the Computer forum section & you'll find much more anwers.

I've got the same service from sky and get around 10mb.

Don't forget that your firewall or P2P software can kill your connection.