Your reaction to other forummers

I usually can tell the calibre of a person through his or her words

"

i disagree, on here in cybor world people can pretend to be completely different to whom they are in 'real life'. i know a few who are a million miles away from their online persona and tend to 'live the dream' on forums whereas they are really quite sad insignificant individuals....... it can also work the other way around, in 'life' i know one member is very articulate, intelligent and has a lot to say, yet online their punctuation, spelling and delivery of their message looks like that of a 8 year old!

.............. obviously the majority on members are most likely just 'themselves', however, i wouldn't/couldnt judge someone simply by their posts.

i disagree, on here in cybor world people can pretend to be completely different to whom they are in 'real life'. i know a few who are a million miles away from their online persona and tend to 'live the dream' on forums whereas they are really quite sad insignificant individuals....... it can also work the other way around, in 'life' i know one member is very articulate, intelligent and has a lot to say, yet online their punctuation, spelling and delivery of their message looks like that of a 8 year old!

.............. obviously the majority on members are most likely just 'themselves', however, i wouldn't/couldnt judge someone simply by their posts.

I tend to agree, Pinklady. One of the pleasures for me of Forum meets is that I have been pleasantly surprised by people who, despite having had some fairly vigorous disagreements with online, turn out to be very agreeable and likeable folks in 'real life'.

(I've not yet had the reverse experience so far....)

There are those that I disagree with on here quite freqeuntly and vehemently who I've grown to respect and quite like - equally there are a small handful who I feel are genuinely rather unpleasantly small-minded, selfish and obnoxious. These tend to be the ones who can't stop themselves from making unprompted and abusive postings and those who can't tell the difference between disagreeing with someone's point of view and hating the person saying it.

There are the wholesale hate-merchants too, but thankfully they're a pretty small minority. On the whole there are far more posters that I feel warmly towards than not and I feel I've made some friendships, a number of which spill over into the real world.

Halibut mentions the word hate,its a word and a feeling I deplore,Personally I dont hate anybody,I may have differences with people who are of a different view to me and occasionally will have a dig but I dont hate them.The main point of a forum is for people to be allowed to express their personal views on life and the make up of the Human race is such that we are allowed to think for ourselves without that we would just be like the animals that only survive with the pack mentality,without this option there indeed would not be any forums at all or the need for them.

With me what you see is what you get,I wouldnt insult anyones intelligence by pandering to them if I disagreed with what they say and its obvious there are a lot more likewise people on here,now I dont know how other people react but as far as Im concerned it starts and ends on here.and I certainly wouldnt carry any forum disagreement into real life.

It takes all sorts to make a forum,you have outspoken people,you have people that only agree with the majority,you have what is classed as keyboard warriors,by that I mean people who are outspoken on here but if you saw them out in a pub e.g at a meet they would probably seem invisible by their retiscence,but thats the beauty of forums ,it takes allsorts,without any of the forementioned this and ny other forum would not survive.

The Internet has opened up a whole new world and as well as its obvious capabilities to learn new knowledge its primary focus is for the entertainment of people,it is up to the person using it to either use it as such or waste its resources.

I love yer all, place wouldn't be the same without ya's :D

Well.Live and Let live is what I say!.

Peace Man,honestly dude!!:thumbsup:

Very 60's

There are a few Forummers with whom I have an extremely good online rapport - even some with whom I have regular disagreements. A lot of people have also grown on me over the months that I've become a regular.

... A lot of people have also grown on me over the months that I've become a regular.

I'm sure you can get a cream for that.

I'm sure you can get a cream for that.

:hihi: Theres always one! :hihi:

Most people on here I enjoy reading, especially Pattricia, Savannah, Natalie, Jabberwocky, Basil, Slick, Suffragette and Neeeeeeeeek. Oh and my mum Fibutton, I find out things I never wished to know about her thanks to this place! :hihi:

Im sure theres more but I couldn't possibly name them all. I named all of the above because they make me laugh, and I know people have serious posts, (well, maybe not Jabbers), but I tend to get more of an opinion of someone using their sense of humour.

Do you have favourites?

Yes

Do you make a point of checking out a particular member's posts?

No

Or does your heart sink when you notice a certain person has posted the latest on a thread, because you can make a good guess what the content will be?

Oh yes

Does anyone in particular make you laugh, cry, think or react in some other way?

Deffinately

I always make a point of reading a thread if a mod was the last person to post, just in case it turns out to be something juicy! ;)

I do this, but it's usually closed, or vanishes before I can post :)

There are certain people who like to chat on a thread, or hold a closed conversation. It's poinless posting when that happens, cos they just ignore it.

in 'life' i know one member is very articulate, intelligent and has a lot to say, yet online their punctuation, spelling and delivery of their message looks like that of a 8 year old!

So you admit to being a "pedantic pinko" Pinky? :)

So you admit to being a "pedantic pinko" Pinky? :)

but i hide it well :P

another pet peeve ......... logging on to find a really good thread that evokes strong emotion in me (rage or joy) only to get to the last post with a head full of things i need to reply/react to ............. only to find the thread locked, its so bloody fustrating :rant:

but i hide it well :P

another pet peeve ......... logging on to find a really good thread that evokes strong emotion in me (rage or joy) only to get to the last post with a head full of things i need to reply/react to ............. only to find the thread locked, its so bloody fustrating :rant:

..and it's always Suffragette that gets the last word! :hihi: