Ketamine, the drug?

Can any one tell me anything about this street drug Ketamin, I think I've spelt it right, my son confessed to taking it after behaving really weird.

Can any one tell me anything about this street drug Ketamin, I think I've spelt it right, my confessed to taking it after behaving really weird.

It is not just a street drug, it is a very potent analgesic, sometimes used in aneasthesia. More:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketamin

oooo dear

it's horse tranquiliser, and it's known amongst drug takers that you have to be mad to take it!

Heavy duty stuff. It's a powerful anaesthetic for humans and animals. Causes hallucinations amongst other things, some dangerous. I think you both need to take some serious advice.

All the best.

Makes your legs give way and induces spasms. It's a desperation drug.

oooo dear

it's horse tranquiliser, and it's known amongst drug takers that you have to be mad to take it!

Yep, that's the one :mad: Bloody silly drug, and very potent, poor chap if he is already on that type :(

Its a foul drug that anyone would do well to avoid. However if taken in very small doses it does produce certain effects that some people enjoy. Personally I can't stand the stuff

thanx for all that, he's in a right state is there any long term damage?

If he is under the influence now, leave him still for an hour, it should just wear off depending how much and how often he takes it. To teach him a lesson, take him to a GP and make him admit what he's done.

No but he might feel a bit odd for 24 hours depending on how much he took

It's bad juju especially when mixed with speed to create a particularly nasty piece of work called special K ........ Your lad should be fine but I hope you manage to scare some smarts into him.