'Dressed Leaves' the decline of lettuce and fanciful menu descriptions

I don't mind the flowery descriptions - just so long as they have a sensible title above so I can scoot up and down a menu then carefully choose from my shortlist

waffly menus are a pain to choose from as you can never find the other thing you fancied on the other page :suspect:

Yep - the machine cut are more than likely frozen and are even more likely therefore to technically be 'fries' rather than real chips

I realise this, but why not just state "freshly cut" for the non-frozen ones? Hand-cut does not always mean fresh, and machine-cut does not always mean frozen. And I'm in a ranty mood so I'm going to use some more ranty smilies! :rant::rant::rant::D

I see your point, but most of the time it's not just lettuce that they serve. Rocket, baby spinach, sorrel, mustard leaf etc - they aren't lettuce and are therefore collectively described 'leaves'. Fair enough if it's a bit of limp butter lettuce or iceberg, but in the places that use that kind of description, you will be likely to get genuine mixed leaves!

I always thought that was just a green salad!!!

I always thought that was just a green salad!!!

I think a green salad is purely lettuce leaves, just different types of lettuce! God knows why i know this....or if i'm even right!

Would you like your meat "pan fried" sir, or would you like it fried in something else?

you mean like deep fried?