Ear piercing for children in Sheffield - where is best?

To sort of invert the topic a bit, where is it OK (preferably in town, MH or Eccy Road or Broomhill areas) to get your ears pierced as an adult and not look silly because you are older than their usual kid/teen clientele? I definitely don't want to go to Claire's, home of tweenies.

Was thinking the same thing myself....At 10 i'd call it child abuse:loopy:
Agreed, it seems irresponsible to let children so young have parts of their bodies mutilated just as a fashion fad - surely they should grow up at least to puberty before they move on to the likes of makeup and piercings.

To sort of invert the topic a bit, where is it OK (preferably in town, MH or Eccy Road or Broomhill areas) to get your ears pierced as an adult and not look silly because you are older than their usual kid/teen clientele? I definitely don't want to go to Claire's, home of tweenies.
Go to a tattoo studio. I had one done at 16 and the other done last year at 45

I was'nt allowed until 14, times have changed I guess but I still hate to see little babies with ear's pierced, it really riles me but they say it looks "cute"?

Well since I left home, I got my ears done another twice, along with nose then a lot later belly. Silly really, as haven't worn ear rings for ages, the nose thing went a few weeks after it went in, but I still have the belly ring, not that you notice it as the belly hangs over a little...lol:)

I can only wear solid Gold, as cheapo makes me itch like mad:o

Was thinking the same thing myself....At 10 i'd call it child abuse:loopy:
Had mine done at seven days old and I don't feel the slightest abused ;)

I think if kids need their ears doing at the same time otherwise they'd never sit through the other one that might be a little indicator that they are too young for it!! I've seen shop assistants refuse to pierce very young girl's (in a pushchair) ears because they'd been in already and were too distressed to go through with it the first time. I was disgusted at the mother for pursuing the idea if the toddler was distressed by it. She was clearly doing it because she thought it looked pretty rather than cos the little girl wanted it doing.

I badgered my parents for my ears piercing for a few years until my mum caved in when i was about 14, which is fair enough I think cos I was old enough to brave the pain and take responsibility for myself. If the child is likely to be distressed by the pain then they need to wait til they're older.

Had mine done at seven days old and I don't feel the slightest abused ;)

At 7 days old i used to **** in my nappy.

I didnt know any different cos i was a baby..

i dont think ears should be done to anyone aged up to 15/16 , my mum had mine done when i was 3 years old and i think she was in the wrong i dont even wear them now because i dont want them in!!

To be fair, I hail from an Asian background where it's entirely the norm for ears to be pierced from a very young age.

I agree that in other cultures, such as in the UK, it's not the same. A bit like those awful Playboy logos and cropped tops and thongs for prepubescent girls :loopy:

I was just about to ask is 10 too early for ear piercing, then I remembered I was 10 when I had mine done! ...

I think I was ten too, or perhaps eleven. By that age, I believe that a child is capable of understanding the implications of such a procedure (the associated pain, the need for after care etc), and as such give informed consent in the presence of a supportive parent. Of course, children mature at different rates so it's for the parents to assess their child's degree of comprehension and act accordingly.

Piercing the ears of babies and toddlers serves the needs of no one other than the parent/s, whose fashion whims would probably be more appropriately directed towards Barbie.

"I decided to let my little girl, have hers done for hols, as it should be the child's decision...Hate to see little babies at a few weeks old having them done...that's cruel and not fair on the child."

I think your wrong puddingburner...you are responsible for your child's welfare...not your child!...If you can do it to a 9yr old why not do it to a 1yr old. I don't see the reasoning behind your argument...they are both incapable of seeing the consequences of their actions. The only difference is one THINKS they can.

why is it wrong to have a theoretical baby's ears done and not a theoretical nine-year-old's?

Well, for a start, the 9 year old can actually say yea or nay to having it done...

Secondly the nine year old has more of an awareness of what's happening to them.

Thirdly, the nine-year-old isn't as likely to go pulling and dragging at their ears.

Fourthly, if there's pain, and infection brewing, the nine year old can articulate that, and let the parent / guardian know there's a problem better, and earlier than a babe-in-arms could.

Do you need any more reasons "Anti"?

here are my reasons "Pro" having a baby's ears pierced:-

1) erm :suspect:

2 )erm, well :help: erm...

3) I'm at a loss, really to think of a "pro" reason...