Knock off Nigel

Listen man.. there is no such thing as stealing from rich film companies.. they charge extortionate amounts of money, they pay themselves stupid money... there is no way on earth you can un justify me downloading new films... It's my right as a free person...

You are brain washed into thinking you owe some one somthing.. sorry man you dont owe any one anything, we all born with nothing and leave with nothing... some are very lucky and drop in to the right place, some are not so lucky... the unlucky ones that arent movie execs or havent made it big... the ones that earn just enough to feed there families... but cant afford to take them to the movies... they make of life what they can.. and Im sorry but if that means free movies then... whoop whoop... free movies it is... I mean its hardly stealing is it.. after all we pay for tv liscence, we pay for broadband we pay for some music and some movies.. Id hardly say the industry is loosing out much.. after all ya stars are earning millions a movie... and most of them earn there out goings back in the first couple of days... you justify that to me... when its just another form of theft..

Yes the stars earn millions and the CEOs fo Warner and MGM earn millions too. But what about allthe other people that go into making a film? They are the ones that are being screwed by you.

'If i can't afford it, then it is my right as a human being to take it'

-This appears to be what you're saying. What a horrible selfish attitude, it's attitudes like that that my parents would say contribute most to 'the downfall of society', i just think it's very selfish and shouldn't be done.

Evertythings overpriced c'mon, if you can't afford something, it doesn't mean you can steal it. the only exception to this rule in my opinion is stealing to survive. However that does not apply here.

I don't see how someone who seems to post with sense (most of the time) could possibly attempt to argue that piracy is not wrong.

I agree entirely that there is no reason why I should fork out full price for a DVD which cost around 50p to make. I wholeheartedly agree it is my human right to get these for free.

In addition I don't for one minute believe that the nice HD tv I have my eye on cost anywhere near £1,500 to make, so I'm going to nick one of them too.

Have you seen the price of food these days!! I know that most of that stuff actually does grow on trees for FREE!!! And they try to sell us the stuff??? Right, I'm going to run through Tesco and load up a trolley then run for it! It is my right as a human to eat....and why should I pay for it.

If it's too expensive, don't buy it. I mean Cars are ridiculously overpriced does that make it ok to steal them? NO So why films and music?

Thats a totally different kettle of fish... cars are some ones possession.. And they possibly only have one.. a movie is made once... and then a billion copies sent around the world... its hardly in the same class as stealing a car...

So I take a photo.. and some one makes a copy... What do I lose.. I still have my photo..... I have lost nothing..

If I take a photo of some ones car.. is that theft?

Yes, it's like a black market. The facts are that it's easy and free and the likelihood of being punished is so minute as to make it almost non-existent. If hundreds of people start to get put in prison for it then I wouldn't do it.

Are you saying that the fact that you probably won't be punished makes it ok? 'cause that's rather childish don't you think?

Is that why you don't kill people? or Steal other stuff like cars and women's handbags? If there was no chance of being caught would you engage in other criminal activities?

I agree entirely that there is no reason why I should fork out full price for a DVD which cost around 50p to make. I wholeheartedly agree it is my human right to get these for free.

In addition I don't for one minute believe that the nice HD tv I have my eye on cost anywhere near £1,500 to make, so I'm going to nick one of them too.

Have you seen the price of food these days!! I know that most of that stuff actually does grow on trees for FREE!!! And they try to sell us the stuff??? Right, I'm going to run through Tesco and load up a trolley then run for it! It is my right as a human to eat....and why should I pay for it.

will you get me a new telly while your at it please (42") :thumbsup:

in all seriousness ............ point well made Beakerzoid

Thats a totally different kettle of fish... cars are some ones possession.. And they possibly only have one.. a movie is made once... and then a billion copies sent around the world... its hardly in the same class as stealing a car...

But whilst it is still in the showroom, the car only belongs to the greedy megacorps and they can afford to lose one of their overpriced vehicles. That boss of Ferrarri isn't short of cash and he is overpaid, just like the stars in the films. Where is the difference?

So I take a photo.. and some one makes a copy... What do I lose.. I still have my photo..... I have lost nothing..

If I take a photo of some ones car.. is that theft?

No but hours and hours and many many people have gone into making that film, are you saying that they should only be paid from the very first cinema veiwing, and that after that the film is no longer theirs and belongs to the world?

Ha Ha .. I know someone called Nigel and he buys rubbishy bootleg DVD's. The ad made me chuckle.

But whilst it is still in the showroom, the car only belongs to the greedy megacorps and they can afford to lose one of their overpriced vehicles. That boss of Ferrarri isn't short of cash and he is overpaid, just like the stars in the films. Where is the difference?

The bosses are paid just fine, i'm not on a crusade to get Will Smith an extra billion dollars, but what about the guy who owns a DVD shop or the factory worker at Ferrarri? They are the ones you are stealing from.

EDIT: And they are the ones that are squeezed all the time, you think the boss of warner is gonna take a pay cut? i think not, It''s the little guy that gets ****ed

'If i can't afford it, then it is my right as a human being to take it'

I don't see how someone who seems to post with sense (most of the time) could possibly attempt to argue that piracy is not wrong.

I dont see it as theft, it is copying.. not theft.. If you steal it from a shop fair enough... but its a copy.. no one loses out...

Have you read any history... every one that has ever had anything has taken it... only the most flexible trees weather the storm

Are you saying that the fact that you probably won't be punished makes it ok? 'cause that's rather childish don't you think?

Is that why you don't kill people? or Steal other stuff like cars and women's handbags? If there was no chance of being caught would you engage in other criminal activities?

Of course not, it's apples and oranges. My morals just don't strech as far as yours. If say, I found £100 on the street I wouldn't take it to the police station i'd pocket it. I see where you are coming from with all the people who have made the product but I would rather get something for free and look after myself. Selfish but true.

The bosses are paid just fine, i'm not on a crusade to get Will Smith an extra billion dollars, but what about the guy who owns a DVD shop or the factory worker at Ferrarri? They are the ones you are stealing from.

EDIT: And they are the ones that are squeezed all the time, you think the boss of warner is gonna take a pay cut? i think not, It''s the little guy that gets ****ed

You are quoting against the wrong person - I do not actually support piracy - I work in the industry.

:)