Knock off Nigel

I have just seen an advert on TV which aims to portray people who download films off the internet as being the kind of people who steal collection money, buys fake clothes or watches for their girlfriend and the website even suggests that if you deliberately let a lift door close on someone you're in the same category!

See the ad here: http://www.knockoffornot.com

Are you a "knock off Nigel"?

What do you think of ads like this that are targeted at you?

I have just seen an advert on TV which aims to portray people who download films off the internet as being the kind of people who steal collection money, buys fake clothes or watches for their girlfriend and the website even suggests that if you deliberately let a lift door close on someone you're in the same category!

See the ad here: http://www.knockoffornot.com

Are you a "knock off Nigel"?

What do you think of ads like this that are targeted at you?

'Knock off Nigel' will be with us as long as we have 'Rip Off Retailers'. In other words, if the price of DVDs were not so exorbitantly high, people would be far less tempted to buy counterfeits.

Not sure, but I know one or two Nigels and their lives havent been the same since the whole Knock off Nigel thing came about :hihi:

I find the ad totally sexist and offensive - how dare they imply that it's only men who knock off films??? A typical sexist swine approach to the subject, assuming that wimmin are too technically inept to be able to download films from t'interweb :rant::rant::rant:

I shall be putting in a strong complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority. :hihi:

I'm sure we were told that when DVD's appeared, they couldn't be copied, so there'd be no piracy, and without the $5,000 billion losses to piracy every year, the price of movies would come down.

There's a big industry in "copyright"; it's not always the originator of an idea, or of a filn,who gets the benefit, either. Rather, one of the "owning class"

Im sure these adverts will stop about erm 10 people.

waste of money, dont they know there is a credit crunch at the moment what do they expect :hihi:

Glad to see the goverment are targetting the real criminals though :suspect:

I find the ad totally sexist and offensive - how dare they imply that it's only men who knock off films??? A typical sexist swine approach to the subject, assuming that wimmin are too technically inept to be able to download films from t'interweb :rant::rant::rant:

I shall be putting in a strong complaint to the Advertising Standards Authority. :hihi:

Ok, how about Knock off Nigela?

Give over, she's far too busy licking cream off her fingers and smouldering at the camera above her cleavage to have time to knock off films :hihi:

without a doubt :love::love::love:

Im a knock off nigel.. yippee.. Ive streamed some top films and saved my self hundreds in cinema fees... Whats the big deal... We get robbed every day by the government and with over priced goods from the film industry.. What a waste of money that ad is...

Dont be a knock off nigel.. ha ha