What's the worst place you have been on holiday abroad

Agree with that, some fabulous ruins and landscape, shame about the shop keepers.

I would like to add Cairo to the list too. On par with, if not worse, than Tunisia :(

Edited by Agent Orange

Rio de janeiro. After one attempted mugging and one actual mugging,we couldn't move out of the hotel, and the hotel pool was closed half the time for repairs.

Paris. Historic/romantic paradise? No; graffiti ridden, dog **** polluted (yes I did step in some less than 2 minutes after leaving Eurostar - I'm not bitter, honest!), beggar infested hell hole full of anglophobes. The food and wine doesn't make up for the fact that Paris is more of a ****hole than London (which isn't how it's presented).

Odd, when I was last there it was a lovely place and the French were nice people and no different to anyone you meet in a capital city. Gare du nord is a blast from the past but has a really quaint feel.

May I suggest you look where you walk no matter where you are in the world.

For the record, Bulgaria is an utter **** hole.

I would like to add Cairo to the list too. On par with, if not worse, than Tunisia :(

I thought Tunisia was ok,except we went a week after 9/11 and when they showed it on TV the bar staff applauded.

Odd, when I was last there it was a lovely place and the French were nice people and no different to anyone you meet in a capital city. Gare du nord is a blast from the past but has a really quaint feel.

May I suggest you look where you walk no matter where you are in the world.

For the record, Bulgaria is an utter **** hole.

I totally agree Bulgaria is an utter **** hole run by the drug dealing Mafia, horrendous food, weird people but its not as bad as Romania. No wonder they all want to come over here?

dominican republic. absolute dump, felt like prisoners in hotel complex, and if i ever hear anyone say cheap as chips again i might just scream.

The worst holiday i've ever had was in Dacia in Corfu. The beach (?) consisted of nothing but pebbles and cigarette ends, the apartment (?) was situated in the middle of some fields, we were surrounded by chickens, cockerels, goats etc and there was no street lighting (luckily we had been advised to take a torch). We had to hire 2 fans so that we could breathe at night (we daren't leave the windows open cos of the mozzies), and i got bitten to death by the bloody things and ended up at the medical centre. Never ever again.

Also, I'd just like to say that i love Malta and am thinking of going there again later this year.

Went to Paris - hated the place.

Romney Sands at Romney Marsh in Kent.

The chalet and surrounding grounds were filthy .

They called time early in the pub because we were the only people in.

We saw sanitary towels and condoms laying around on the ground .

We booked a week and came home after three days.

Got our money refunded.

Pokey little Guest House in Minehead, circa 1985 iirc.

Would've preferred Butlins but my Parents hate "Hi De Hi" style Holiday camps with a vengeance for some unknown reason.

When did they declare independence, Rich?