Anyone from the Woodthorpe area?

Hello to all you woodchoppers ,i lived on Fishponds Road West,from 1962-1980.Some of you should know us -or not-whatever.Ian and David Sheppard.Would love to hear from anyone from that era.:thumbsup:

Hi guys long time no hear only talkinm bout u the othe day to cath biggin we were rememberin the good old woodthorpe school days

Does anyone remember the Pye family who lived on Chadwick Road, across from Woodthorpe school?

I remember trevor if thats any gud lived on corner of chadwick and woodthorpe road

I remember trevor if thats any gud lived on corner of chadwick and woodthorpe road

I know his Mum,Doreen,died many years ago.I don"t know what happened to Trevor or his Dad.

I know his Mum,Doreen,died many years ago.I don"t know what happened to Trevor or his Dad.

Lat I heard they moved off estate Mark cateror did houseup Just found out they moved onto manor

does anyone remember the Murdoch family on Hastilar Rd South

Joanl-----any idea what happened to Barbara Mc.Gowan and Ruth Robinson ? I lived on Audrey Road until about 1949 and remember them both after all these years ! I'm sure Barbara was a pretty girl, with fair hair and Ruth was tall for her age with darkish complexion and short, black hair.

Mind you, I was only 8 at the time so my memory might be playing tricks ! I do distinctly remember that maybe when I was a toddler, I couldn't say my ' R's ' properly and used to get laughed at for calling R.R. ' Wuth Wobinson ' !

Joanl-----any idea what happened to Barbara Mc.Gowan and Ruth Robinson ? I lived on Audrey Road until about 1949 and remember them both after all these years ! I'm sure Barbara was a pretty girl, with fair hair and Ruth was tall for her age with darkish complexion and short, black hair.

Mind you, I was only 8 at the time so my memory might be playing tricks ! I do distinctly remember that maybe when I was a toddler, I couldn't say my ' R's ' properly and used to get laughed at for calling R.R. ' Wuth Wobinson ' !

Yes Barbara WAS blonde and I remember Ruth being involved somehow with the Salvation Army I recall she lived on Fishponds Road.....I don't know what happened to them after about 11 to be honest...always wondered and have trawled the Friends Reunited pages too, but with no luck.

Jonathon Ross has made a fortune with not being able to pronounce his R's hasn't he:hihi::thumbsup:

Thanks Joanl for the info. ! Well, I suppose they could be anywhere in the world after all these years !

" Yeah, I coulda been a contender, Charlie "-----but at least I never LOOKED like Johnathen Woss !

Any one remember Zaffa M'bye and Andy Lilliker (Lil/Lilly)? Would be interesting to know what they are doing now.

They moved in to one of the bigger houses on Richmond Road, father was a TV repair man but seem to recall he died quite young and the mum and 2 boys Trevor and Ian moved on to Richmond Road somewhere near the Davis' backing on to Richmond Park.

Incidentally (unless he bought it later) Mark Caterer didn't move in to the Pye's house he moved in to one of the houses opposite and did it all up. The house he and Beverley Jacques moved in to used to belong to the alcoholic couple her name was pearl and she used to roll up and down Chadwick Road off her head getting her whiskey form Mrs Howe's if it was open or the shop next to the Collivers (was it a co-op) at the top near the Hign Noon. I know this because Pearl's old Mum Mrs Smith lived on Chadwick Road between Michael Poole's house and my mum and dads house on the corner of Audrey and she was always there on the cadge

when i used to go to the baths as a nipper would i be right in saying the house to my left (as i took the photo's) was a sweet shop?

others are right, the house directly to your left from this phote is where old Mrs Smith lived up until the mid seventies when she died- after that the Croft's moved in Betty and Herbert (he was a butcher in castle market and they still live there now) they had a married son at the time called Paul, twins Cheryl and Steven and a younger girl Leigh who would be say 45 now.... she married Russel Howe the granson of the sweetshop owner... the shop was the first building to your right as you took the photo.. below Audrey Road