Anyone from the Woodthorpe area?

Does anyone come from or live on the woodthorpe area.

i come from manorpark but know the woodthorpe very well and loads of people that live there.

i used to live up the road on audrey road, now live on the viking lea. we had a look at the empty shop next to the wood thorpe bakery to open a tattoo studio but went down Darnall instead been here just over a year and half and love it, glad we dint take the one at woodthorpe.

Litha

I used to live on woodrove ave but moved off years ago though family still live there.

Originally posted by dee40

I used to live on woodrove ave but moved off years ago though family still live there.

i worked on there when the houses were modernised in 84..the site office and compound were where tentown used to be

My family lived on Chadwick Road for years,it was a decent place when I used to go up there & go to the High Noon pub.Those were the days.

Guest Cutglass

I used to live on Mosborough road, just adjacent to the legendary High Noon and what a sh**thole that is now.

People slate woodthorpe off quite a bit, but I lived there 8 years and found it be like most estates, mixture of good and bad people.

I hated the road where I lived, mainly because of the kids that played out on there, parents in the pub and kids playing footy or some other equally rowdy games til quite late and quite a few of the neighbours had troublesome dealings with these kids, they had to get the housing and police involved.

But my eldest son still lives in the area tho not on that road, and he wouldn't move from there for love or money.

Called on to the woodthorpe today to visit my sister.I dont think its any worse than any other area but it has changed a lot.My family shop on the richmond as woodthorpe shops not good though years ago it was a good shopping area with all the local shops you needed.There are a lot of new houses on manor part but didnt get to see the high noon area though i presume the pubs still there.Woodthorpe school is still going strong though they are going to rebuild it.A lot of people that live on there have grown up on there and there familys are still around them.I moved of in 1983 before they were modernised we didnt have central heating then and the toilets were in the porch.I dont know how we coped with out central heating now as always have mine on.Remember my mum making coal fire up before we got up for school so room was warm for us.We thought it was great when she got the gas fire.we used to hang around on the streets near shops after school or on the bowling green near community centre.As i got older i went in the high noon as it was local It was always the same old faces.Many of my friends still live on there and would never move away.:)

Guest Ant

My very first home was a council house opposite the shops on Hastilar Road South. We were burgled on our first night, I was once nearly knocked down by a car that crashed through a garden fence on the opposite side of the road (joyriders had bailed out further up the road), and we almost had a riot one night for no apparent reason - the road was filled with blue transits and yobs.

Never a dull moment, but no good for the blood pressure.

Originally posted by dee40

Called on to the woodthorpe today to visit my sister.I dont think its any worse than any other area but it has changed a lot.My family shop on the richmond as woodthorpe shops not good though years ago it was a good shopping area with all the local shops you needed.There are a lot of new houses on manor part but didnt get to see the high noon area though i presume the pubs still there.Woodthorpe school is still going strong though they are going to rebuild it.A lot of people that live on there have grown up on there and there familys are still around them.I moved of in 1983 before they were modernised we didnt have central heating then and the toilets were in the porch.I dont know how we coped with out central heating now as always have mine on.Remember my mum making coal fire up before we got up for school so room was warm for us.We thought it was great when she got the gas fire.we used to hang around on the streets near shops after school or on the bowling green near community centre.As i got older i went in the high noon as it was local It was always the same old faces.Many of my friends still live on there and would never move away.:)

My mums family all lived on Chadwick road ,the Cutts & my uncle lived in my grandmas house no 12.

Originally posted by tosh13

My mums family all lived on Chadwick road ,the Cutts & my uncle lived in my grandmas house no 12.

did you know two twin girls that lived at number 2? can't remember there names..........

what year would that be.