United Vs Gunners replay- March 1st

Originally posted by ilaria

whos your favourite player? panda?

not got one im not a united fan:)

Although I'm a born and bred owl I honestly (and I'll not be saying this for a while) hope United stuff those cheating dirty lot that are Arsenal.

I hate Arsenal with unbridled passion.

Just glad we beat them the last time we met, dispite the DiCanio and Paul Alcock affair.

good performance. great defebding 9esp Geary, Jags and Morgan) and I thought Monty was everywhere. Gray was great 1st half but was obviously dying second.

why play for pens? I didn't understand that (considering how woeful we are) I think he kept Gray on the pitch so at least we would score 1 !!!

What was Kenny doing in pens? If he couldn't dive why not put Jags in goal? Never got anywhere near saving one.

I'd have liked him to have put Kabba and Francis on for the 2nd half of extra time. Francis on the wing and Kabba upfront and just both try and use their pace to run at them.

Oh well.

8) Nah Den Ace....

Can't wait to hear Whinging Warnock being interviewed...

"We wuz robbed" "The ref's blind" "Arsenal are cheats" "Blah blah blah!"

# Same old Warnock, always bleating! Same old Warnock, always bleating! #

Regards,

Spacehopper.

Well done to the Blades for beating Arsenal 2-1 (by most people's reckoning) at Highbury and them holding them 0-0 at Bramhall Lane. I think Jeremy Paxman was upset at the Blades delaying Newsnight though... he said that "Sheffield Wednesday" have done really well to take Arsenal to penalties!

Now the Blades are out of the cup, if they continue to play this well and put a good striker such as Beckett or Kabba on then they should make the play-offs and go up! :thumbsup:

Well 100% from the lads, some of them must be knackerd! I thought we could have had them in the first minute of both halves, Geary was all over defending with Morgan and Jags. Let's make the extra games count now in the league! Can't wait to se Kabba and Francis pushing for starting places.

Now it's rant time as I normally don't:hihi: Warnock WTF were you thinking with the line up? They (arse) knew what to expect why not go all out on it and play a 4-4-2 with two strikers and Quinn starting in midfield? Gray could hardly walk and I wasn't sure if he would score his pen. Why play like we did (Defending in our box only most of the time) and play for a draw when we have a trip to Cardiff on Saturday, go all and if we loose 2-0 or 3-0 fine at least we don't have to go through extra time to tire us even more.

Well done lads, you did us proud, Warnock take a step back and think about what you did!

Up the Blades!

whops?????? there goes your season down the toilet, be honest you were lucky to get to pens realy. never mind theres always the play offs to concentrate on isnt there blade men. by the way up the owls, come on you new it were coming. yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

ps nice to see your ground ful. must be an event on its own. wheres all utd come from, ant picked no weds fans upthen. was it a carry on from that local derby match sat , big turn up again

wheres bbbbbbbbbblades chat gone then, ohhhhhhhhhhh no, think warnocks tactictswhen slightly astray again, was it me or did arsenal have aside out that could have been attacked. bad call by the manager me thinks tatically wise, thought midfield was crap and t negative going forward. miised a good chance tonight bbbblllllaaaaddddeeees, aim for the play offs, you never no. up the blades.

Well even by the BBC's reckoning the Blades beat Arsenal 2-1 at Highbury. Who was it who knocked the Owls out of the FA cup? Wasn't it Swindon in the very first round? Was it 4-1?

Originally posted by brooksy

wheres bbbbbbbbbblades chat gone then, ohhhhhhhhhhh no, think warnocks tactictswhen slightly astray again, was it me or did arsenal have aside out that could have been attacked. bad call by the manager me thinks tatically wise, thought midfield was crap and t negative going forward. miised a good chance tonight bbbblllllaaaaddddeeees, aim for the play offs, you never no. up the blades.

You obviously watched a diff game. Four best chances of the game fell to United. Arse hit bar and ....... oh thats it.

Quite simply, we nullified their midfield, which had one of the worlds leading players in it just to remind you. To go with two up top and sacrifice a midfielder we would have been ripped to shreds as they would have passed their way through the middle. We stopped them doing that. Hit them on the break well. Tonge should have been shot for the chance he missed in the first min. And Harley should easily have added two more.

Their number 42 who came on as sub looked a superb player. One definately to watch.

Originally posted by Patchy

Well even by the BBC's reckoning the Blades beat Arsenal 2-1 at Highbury. Who was it who knocked the Owls out of the FA cup? Wasn't it Swindon in the very first round? Was it 4-1?

And the managed to get to the first round of that lower division van cup where they lost to ermm Chester (reserves).

Wahaaay......Numpty brooksy finally figured out how to use a emoticon!, a fete in itself from a Wendyite....:clap:

I watched the game last night, and as a Wednesday fan, I though it was great to see a team play with such passion and determination, not just for 90 minutes, but for 30 minutes of extra time as well. I think the players should be proud of what they achieved - they matched Aresnal, with the only difference between them beig a couple of kicks at the end.

Wednesday could do with takeing a leaf out of the Blades' book and learn how to stay focused for a whole game.

I hope that the result gives the Blades and the fans the confidence in their push for promotion.

Not just a good result for United, but a good result for Sheffield Football.

I hope this bit of diplomacy isn't going to upset too many people. I know passions run deep where Owls and Blades are concerned, but if you can't look out for your neighbours every once in a while, what kind of world are we living in.

Sermon over!