Sheffield Buses Past

The first one man buses were at Townhead street and I am sure it was 1966 when they started there was only 12 on the keyboard as I left shortly after before they closed it.

Right then who can tell me where this lived , what routes it did and where its been for 25 plus years

Woodseats ns shot

DSCN9893.jpg

flat st os

DSCN9916.jpg

rear flat street

DSCN9925.jpg

312 on its way to sytt premises - please note tinsley tram sheds are NOT open to the public at this moment in time

Sorry to disagree I worked from 1963 to 1976 and was the second bach of OMO buses the first lot were testing the feasability and the 40 foot single deckers had a videomat fitted I may have got the year wrong.

We had one of the single deckers fitted with videomat from sypte over here in Nakastagawa untill it was destroyed in a quake

If a single decker was fitted with a videmat machine it was only for a short period, as the clipper was as someone else as said a hopper type collection.

The videmats were started by sheffield transport and were definatley used before the pte appeared , seem to remember the first batch of OMO buses were not fitted with them

The first OMO buses were all single deckers and a mixture of coaches and buses which were already in service the coaches would 1101 and 1170 upwards and the buses 206 upwards and used a T.I.M. ticket machine. They were out of Townhead Street and the keyboard was only 12 duties and either 14 or 15 drivers trained up as I was a conductor on the Manchester board and lost my job but I went into driving school and left the buses less than a year later.

Heres one for ex herries staff:

DSCN0034a-1.jpg

the bus featured on look nort yesterday the photo was taken yesterday afternoon

I was at Don Valley from 1994 and we inherited some of those from First Group plus about four similar designed which we fondly named 'Scuds' they were great in snow and rubbish in the dry weather

I was at Don Valley from 1994 and we inherited some of those from First Group plus about four similar designed which we fondly named 'Scuds' they were great in snow and rubbish in the dry weather

Yours were the slightly older verions

One thing not mentioned is that 150 was un use by south yorkshire police at one stage it was used to take school parites on visits

I'm feeling rather chuffed (or bussed) I started this topic in 2008 and it's still going strong after 4 years!:D