You must remember the Loco Club, Pitsmoor?

I seem to remember late 50s when I was very small being taken to the Loco Club with my brothers, all of us clutching empty PG Tips (tea leaves of course) boxes as admission for a special event.

Was the loco club there in the 50s, I thought it was built with the new estate in the early 60s.

Was the loco club there in the 50s, I thought it was built with the new estate in the early 60s.

the loco club was there in the 40,s and probably before.I went there with my mum and dad , every Saturday and Sunday night.Does anyone remember Mary Nelson she had a wonderful talent,she could whistle in the most melodious way you have ever heard. She had to be persuaded 0n to the stage ,but when she had finished she brought the house down "so to speak.

Hi Paul the loco was extended when the estate was built i can remember the old stone building just :thumbsup:

Hi Paul the loco was extended when the estate was built i can remember the old stone building just :thumbsup:

Thats what I thought, it didn't look as it was built in the 40s, but that explains the yellow brick I was used to seeing.

Cheers Merv.

my father in law was the treasurer there for many years...cliff roberts , and my ex hubby used to play for the snooker team, i remember all the commitee members very well.

I remember Cliff, and was friends with his son Brian for a few years, Brian's brother Alan was a couple of years younger, (I remember his nickname but won't say it on here.) They lived on the 8th floor (I think) of the flats on Andover Street. Would be nice to get in touch with Brian again.

Played there with my band several times in the 70s/80s; noon & nights etc always enjoyed it.

It closed down and was knocked down years ago. It was on Pitsmoor Road next to the Fox & Duck pub.

up that little steep hill to the steps .......

remember the sandwichwich lady under the stairs ?

I used to go there in the seventies with my wife and eldest daughter. I think we went in on Friday nights, to watch a band usually. All the little kids would dance at the front. Never any trouble, all the kids were well behaved (because we made sure of that).Then we would walk through pistmoor to catch the bus home about 11-00 pm. I wouldn't fancy doing that walk now at that time of the night. Do any of you remember the old steward, Vin, ? He later went to Sheffield Lane W.M.C. He's still around, I see him two or three times a week. Another thing I remember about the Loco Club was that it was there that I first saw a colour Television in the late 1960's.

It closed down and was knocked down years ago. It was on Pitsmoor Road next to the Fox & Duck pub.

Was it not on Pye Bank Road ?

Pork Pie, Pickled Onions, Sauasage Rolls, Sarnies....... we used to take our own little buffet in on Saturday nights.....we didn't have time for tea because we used to have to get in early for a good seat in the late 70's. Oh how things have changed:(

My ex-husband used to take me there, his idea of a good night out. Maybe thats why hes the ex....?!!

I was a member in my youth, my Grandfather was one of the doormen for many years Sam Slingsby