Proposed Waste Management Facility in Brightside / Holywell Road

That was my reading of it. What my cut and paste didn't do is highlight the word 'save' 6 from the end. Biffa aren't opening up a plant for them they are saving the space for the greater good.

He makes no note of the increased pollution, dust and smell.

The increased noise levels extra 10db during the day and up to 12db during the night.

Increased traffic levels.

The likely decrease in standard of living and the negative affect on house prices etc

It does though mean we can watch through our closed windows as a new site makes more money for Biffa at the expense of the people who actually live in the area.

From first glance we have David Blunkett, local councillors and some motivated residents on our side, so we have a chance.

:rant:

We're meant to be grateful?

O I really hope we succeed in getting this stopped.

Alternativley maybe Mike Harty would like to buy my house, after all it'll be cheaper if this thing is foisted on us and then he can enjoy the fruits of his labours close up.

That was my reading of it. What my cut and paste didn't do is highlight the word 'save' 6 from the end. Biffa aren't opening up a plant for them they are saving the space for the greater good.

Perhaps you'd like to read it again: save in this sense means except or apart from.

However you interpret the last part he is still telling us we should be grateful that hes taking the land to use a dumpsite. Hes a complete d******d

Perhaps you'd like to read it again: save in this sense means except or apart from.

The benefit that they are stressing to local community is one of increased employment and extra jobs. They’re stating that without their involvement the site would be left as it is, as such residents wouldn’t be negatively affected by noise, pollution, fall in house prices etc a situation which prima facie appears to have overwhelming local support, including councillors and our local MP. From their point of view the positive affects of increased jobs are far greater than as above stated damaging side affects.

‘Save’ their interest, which as they had already stated was the only interest in the site, without their interest which as I stated earlier the vast majority – yourself an exception? – appear to be opposed we wouldn’t be having this battle to save the quality of our lives.

Hope this clears this up for you.

I'm nowhere in the vicinity and I don't know the area so I'm neither for nor against the proposal. I just don't see anywhere in that letter that he's saying that they're saving the space for the greater good, as you put it. I don't think it's unreasonable of him to point out that the landowners have been unable to attract any other buyers. Whether that matters to you depends on how much of an eyesore or danger the site is at present I suppose.

Does anyone know when the planning application decision on this will be made?

Does anyone know when the planning application decision on this will be made?

some time in September I think.

I signed the petition & got a letter from Davis Blunkett this morning, thanking me for signing the petition. He says he's been in touch with local councillors to make sure that where they can, to raise their voices and make objections known. However, he says Peter Price can't because he's on the Committee making the decision and Jane Bird can't because she's Lord Mayor. I do hope the other councillors support the petition.

Thank you to all those who worked hard getting loads of signatures. I don't want Biffa on my doorstep. We get enough nasty pongs from Blackburn Meadows when the wind blows in the wrong direction.

Whether that matters to you depends on how much of an eyesore or danger the site is at present I suppose.

The site is of no danger and is not much of an eyesore so there would be no problem leaving it alone so Biffa did not NEED to take it on and is not saving anyone except the current owner.

Just a quick update on the latest info:-

Biffa have now put in an application for an Environmental Permit (formally waste management licence) to run operations at the proposed facility.

There's going to be an ad in The Star on the 28th, which will have details of where you can view the application and where to send objections.

It always annoys the life out of me that whenever something like a waste or Quarrying activity gets proposed, how much negative vibes it generates.

Listen, if you don't want Quarries, don't accept the benefits which means don't live in brick houses, or have tarmac roads to drive your cars on. And if you don't want waste facilities don't make the waste in the first place!!! These companies aren't managing your waste for fun, they are doing it because we live in a consumer driven throw-away society.

Therefore assuming you do make waste, please then accept that the planning authority, the EHO and the EA will ensure that your best interests are looked after and that no environmental nuisance will be allowed to be caused. This thankfully is the benefit of living in a democracy, equally don't stop ensuring that these regulatory bodies do a good job by raising concerns, speaking out ...but make them justified. After all this isn't Dore

And if you can't understand this arguement, then mayby you should have tried harder at school!