First Film you saw at the Cinema in Sheffield

About 1946 GOD IS MY CO PILOT sunbeam cinema fir vale long gone like a lot more cinemers in 1951 ther was some 52 in sheffield film changed twice weekley 2 house per night and queue to get in on saturdays

Pretty sad but first film I remember seeing is Watership Down at the Gaumont think it was late 70's.

I have memories of being taken to a showing of "Dr No" as a tot of about 18 months/ 2 yrs. not for me to see but (natch!) with my mum and dad.

I was taken to see Disney's The Jungle Book at the age of about 2 1/2 at the Manor cinema (was Somerfield, now Tesco at Manor top).

Giving your age away there, PT! :hihi:

first film took my then girlfriend to see LAST TANGO IN PARIS hell what a shock .past the butter.

Giving your age away there, PT! :hihi:

:blush: but I'm still no'bbut babe in arms! ;)

It was definitely a "Bond" film, it was definitely set somewhere exotic, with beautiful blue seas, and it was around 1966.

BoyFriday... it might have been "Thunderball", which had a 1965 release date, and has scenes set in the Bahamas...

BoyFriday... it might have been "Thunderball", which had a 1965 release date, and has scenes set in the Bahamas...

I think that's the one PT, which must make you about.......27 ;)

..mine I think was The Sound of Music, the first 'good' film I saw in a cinema was Diamonds are Forever!

You weren't that little kid with the runny nose, constantly eating popcorn were you? If so I sincerely apologise for shoving your catapult in a place where it had to be surgically removed. :hihi:

I think that's the one PT, which must make you about.......27 ;)

slightly older, BF... Thirty-four *cough, cough! *

I just remember beautiful white beaches, sean connery, and a beautiful blue sea, and a boat.... hehe

edit to add I presumed it had to be Dr No, despite a (?) 1962 (?) release date, because of the iconic Caribbean beach scenes, and the beautiful Ursula Undressed (*cough* ) coming out of the sea in that chamois bikini.

Edited by Plain Talker

slightly older, BF... Thirty-four *cough, cough! *

I just remember beautiful white beaches, sean connery, and a beautiful blue sea, and a boat.... hehe

edit to add I presumed it had to be Dr No, despite a (?) 1962 (?) release date, because of the iconic Caribbean beach scenes, and the beautiful Ursula Undressed (*cough* ) coming out of the sea in that chamois bikini.

Dr No was screened at the Hippodrome on Cambridge Street in 1962, you must have been nowt but a kid then. ;)

Dr No was screened at the Hippodrome on Cambridge Street in 1962, you must have been nowt but a kid then. ;)

No'bbut a twinkle in my daddy's eye, at that point!

No'bbut a twinkle in my daddy's eye, at that point!

Thanks for making me feel like a neanderthal, you cheeky young sod. ;)